Sign in to follow this  
Guest nattydread

I have several questions regarding multi-player

Guest nattydread

1) Is it possible to not connect to the Gamespy chat server? it seems to always crash eventually and people thinks the host crashed and they bail.2) The taxi-way lights and many lights in general are almost impossible to see...even from the tower. Is there away to tweak the lights to be seen easier? Even if its only client-side, I'd at least be able to provide progressive taxi better. 3) What is the cause of the long lag when some people log out?4) Is there awat to get the landging gear and logo lights on the tail to show up on aircraft? Much of my ATC time is during the night time hours, I'd like to be better able to visually ID aircraft livery/company from across the airport.

Guest N6722c

>1) Is it possible to not connect to the Gamespy chat server?>it seems to always crash eventually and people thinks the host>crashed and they bail.>>2) The taxi-way lights and many lights in general are almost>impossible to see...even from the tower. Is there away to>tweak the lights to be seen easier? Even if its only>client-side, I'd at least be able to provide progressive taxi>better. >>3) What is the cause of the long lag when some people log>out?>>4) Is there awat to get the landging gear and logo lights on>the tail to show up on aircraft? Much of my ATC time is>during the night time hours, I'd like to be better able to>visually ID aircraft livery/company from across the airport. >(1) Yes -- Use Direct connect. ( Eliminates all gamespy issues)(3) $64,000 Question. Whoever can come up with the reason & solution to this one will be the "FSX Multiplayer HERO of 2008 "Note: It is my experience, that this lockup only occurs when one is in the TOWER Mode. I suspect the RADAR Gauges ???Geoff_D

Guest PPSFA

If you get XGraphics, you have control over a lot of things, including lighting.As far as the lag issue, I've never had the problem, but I have FSX installed on 2 machines, one to host the session on and one to fly on. I set the host machine to low graphics to lesson the load. One other thing, every time we have tried to use the built-in voice comms, it has caused all kinf of problems. We now use Teamspeak and it makes a HUGE difference in performance.Hope this helps

Guest needhelplz

every time i login to fsx multiplayer i use gamespy internet and when it pops up theres no sessions what so ever i try connecting directly with my friends but nothing works! i even host my own flight and no one ever joins i need help am i doing something wrong, or is it my security thats blocking it? helllllpppp!!!!