Sign in to follow this  
Guest VenDexter

Acceleration vs. SP1 Multiplayer Connections

Guest VenDexter

I wanted to put out some information that I think is important regarding FSX Multiplayer.I recently received a copy and installed it on my computer and installed SP1 immediately thereafter.My brother and I are both pilots and are into flying sims during the fall and winter months when real-world flying conditions are less than desirable. We have always been able to use multiplayer in FS2002, FS2004, and Condor.We were trying to connect to each other via the multiplayer settings within FSX but could never connect and have spent the last 2 days testing and troubleshooting everything we could think of: router, dial-up vs. broadband, port forwarding, firewall, AV. We even tried different modems and routers at both ends just to eliminate those as a possible causes. We tried using both GameSpy and LAN to connect. We were succesful at using FSHost and FSHostClient to connect.Finally today, he was trying once again to host a session on GameSpy to which I would attempt to connect and an error box finally popped up in FSX which stated that I was not running the same version of FSX as the host. This error made it perfectly clear why we could not connect. He has Acceleration installed and I do not. Nowhere were we able to find any info or documentation in our troubleshooting that led us to the knowledge that those who have Acceleration installed cannot connect to those who do not. Why did this error message not pop up in the many, many attempts we have made trying to host/connect at either end? For it to only come up after 2 days of trying to connect and troubleshooting is ridiculous to say the least. Almost every attempt we made to connect simply resulted in the connection attempt to time out.The ultimate point of my post is that if you have Acceleration installed, do not expect to be able to connect with those who do not and vice-versa. This also begs the question that, for those who do not purchase Acceleration, will the eventual release of SP2 solve this problem?For now, the solution is to use FSHost since it allows all versions of FS to connect via multiplayer. I hope this can save some of you a bit of time and frustration at our expense.Steve

Guest Shalomar

To make a long story short SP2 will fix the problem.FS-MP saved me a ton of trouble by emailing me a warning about it. I will wait for SP2 before purchasing Acceleration.Sorry you weren't so lucky.Donald T.FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest N6722c

>I wanted to put out some information that I think is>important regarding FSX Multiplayer.>>I recently received a copy and installed it on my computer and>installed SP1 immediately thereafter.>>My brother and I are both pilots and are into flying sims>during the fall and winter months when real-world flying>conditions are less than desirable. We have always been able>to use multiplayer in FS2002, FS2004, and Condor.>>We were trying to connect to each other via the multiplayer>settings within FSX but could never connect and have spent the>last 2 days testing and troubleshooting everything we could>think of: router, dial-up vs. broadband, port forwarding,>firewall, AV. We even tried different modems and routers at>both ends just to eliminate those as a possible causes. We>tried using both GameSpy and LAN to connect. We were>succesful at using FSHost and FSHostClient to connect.>>Finally today, he was trying once again to host a session on>GameSpy to which I would attempt to connect and an error box>finally popped up in FSX which stated that I was not running>the same version of FSX as the host. This error made it>perfectly clear why we could not connect. >>He has Acceleration installed and I do not. Nowhere were we>able to find any info or documentation in our troubleshooting>that led us to the knowledge that those who have Acceleration>installed cannot connect to those who do not. Why did this>error message not pop up in the many, many attempts we have>made trying to host/connect at either end? For it to only>come up after 2 days of trying to connect and troubleshooting>is ridiculous to say the least. Almost every attempt we made>to connect simply resulted in the connection attempt to time>out.>>The ultimate point of my post is that if you have Acceleration>installed, do not expect to be able to connect with those who>do not and vice-versa. This also begs the question that, for>those who do not purchase Acceleration, will the eventual>release of SP2 solve this problem?>>For now, the solution is to use FSHost since it allows all>versions of FS to connect via multiplayer. >>I hope this can save some of you a bit of time and frustration>at our expense.>>SteveSteveThis is a well known issue, but one that is NOT made obvious with the purchase of FSX XPACK.XPACK Multiplayer is NOT compatible with RTM or SP1 FSX.RTM - SP1 = MP COMPATIBLERTM - XPACK = Not MP CompatibleSP1 - XPACK = Not MP CompatibleRTM - SP2 = Not MP CompatibleSP1 - SP2 = Not MP CompatibleSP2 - XPACK = MP COMPATIBLE ( Except Shared Cockpit )Note:SP2 - SP2 is 100% MP Compatible ( Including Shared Cockpit)XPACK - XPACK is 100% MP Compatible ( Including Shared Cockpit)The above information is based on my understanding of the information contained in numerous MS Blogs, released into the public domain.

Guest Shalomar

Can you confirm that? What is it about the Acceleration code that prevents shared cockpits with SP2?That is a showstopper for me- unless all my friends buy Acceleration...Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest Desert Flyer

Wow seems really odd to me. I could kind of understand that people that don't have accelleration can't connect to people that do, but I would think that those that have accelleration should be able to connect to those that dont. Backwards compatibility and all.I guess I best uninstall accelleration until SP2 comes out if I want to jump into multiplayer which I've been hankering to do.

Guest N6722c

>Wow seems really odd to me. I could kind of understand that>people that don't have accelleration can't connect to people>that do, but I would think that those that have accelleration>should be able to connect to those that dont. Backwards>compatibility and all.>>I guess I best uninstall accelleration until SP2 comes out if>I want to jump into multiplayer which I've been hankering to>do.At the LAST MOMENT , ACES made SP2 MP Shared Cockpit compatible with XPack shared Cockpit !!! :)GREAT NEWS...Geoff_D