Sign in to follow this  
Guest Testili

For ppl who get disconnected from GameSpy after a friends request in absence ...

Guest Testili

Hi,I thought I post a few lines about a little tool I made, just in case someone can use it. It's called "HippyHappy Anfragenstopper" (in english this should be something like "HippyHappy friends-requests stopper").The "HippyHappy Anfragenstopper" is solving a FSX Multiplayer problem driving me crazy for ages already:It will deny all incoming friends requests in FSX.Why would you do that?Well, if you run i.ex. a FSX Server or fly long distances, you will have times, where you are not at your PC.If during these times a friends request (=someone would like to add you to his friends list or start a private chat) waiting to be processed, you will be disconnected from GameSpy after a short while (you timeout kinda).The HippyHappy Anfragenstopper is denying every 20 seconds all friends requests. So you can go out and have fun^^ and when coming back you should still be connected with GameSpy :) Simply run this program minimized while being absent. If you want to manually process friends requests again, you can simply stop this little tool.This code is only working for German and English FSX versions (since it depends on the language packs).You can download it from the avsim file library.Cheers,Chris.

Guest N6722c

>Hi,>>I thought I post a few lines about a little tool I made, just>in case someone can use it. It's called "HippyHappy>Anfragenstopper" (in english this should be something like>"HippyHappy friends-requests stopper").>>The "HippyHappy Anfragenstopper" is solving a FSX Multiplayer>problem driving me crazy for ages already:>It will deny all incoming friends requests in FSX.>>Why would you do that?>Well, if you run i.ex. a FSX Server or fly long distances, you>will have times, where you are not at your PC.>If during these times a friends request (=someone would like>to add you to his friends list or start a private chat)>waiting to be processed, you will be disconnected from GameSpy>after a short while (you timeout kinda).>The HippyHappy Anfragenstopper is denying every 20 seconds all>friends requests. >So you can go out and have fun^^ and when coming back you>should still be connected with GameSpy :)> >Simply run this program minimized while being absent. If you>want to manually process friends requests again, you can>simply stop this little tool.>This code is only working for German and English FSX versions>(since it depends on the language packs).>>You can download it from the avsim file library.>>Cheers,>Chris.>>>GREAT Program Chris. One of FSX's addon treasures.Since I have started using it, I have not been distitbed once by PESTS sending me "Friends" or "Chat" requests, and halting my sim.