Sign in to follow this  
Guest mberg

sound static

Guest mberg

Just installed win xp, and soundblaster live (XP install) and get static on all of the speakers at medium to low throttle settings. Has anyone experienced this issue--and if so is there a fix? Thanks in advance for your assistanceMark

hi Mark, i'm running WinXP as well. i haven't flown the fs2k2 "defaults" lately. i do have the static as well at the low-mid throttle settings flying the PSS World Airliners (747 & 777) pkg. i did not have this static with the PSS pkg. running Win98SE. hopefully, some of the PSS folks can shed some light on this. sorry i couldn't be of more help.btw, i'm running the SB Audigy with the latest drivers. happy flyin, fm

jerrycwo4 I bought my last computer about a year ago and after about 2 months, I too started getting static that would last for about 30 seconds to 2-3 minutes and then would go away ( all by it's self). Never could pin it down to any plane , place or activity. Then just as sudden about 6 months ago it went away all by it's self. Last month it poped up again but only for a few flights and now it is gone again. I'm using windos XP ( with SP1) and the Sound Blaster 'Audigy" sound card. I always fly with earphones even thought his computer came with a 5 speaker system.jerry

Guest SlimDady

I think this is a know problem with the soundblaster live cards. I myself have had this.. but its a pretty random occurance.

Guest mberg

It must be random--I haven't got it back but I did turn the bass level down in the creative mixer. Seemed to be associated with higher bass settings but not sure yet.

Mark,i flew a couple of the defaults some and didn't get the static at the different power settings. i still get the static flying the PSS 747/777's though. hope you get your probs. fixed. happy flyin, fmp4 1.5intel d850gb mobo512mb pc800 rdramgf4 ti4600sb audigywinxp home(sp1)

Guest mberg

Still got it. Some times worse than others. I checked each of the sound files in the aircraft sound folders and I couldn't replicate the static. Must be some other process issue within FS 2002. Seems different folks get different results probably due to system differences. Anyway I'm ASUS athlon 1.4, Gforce 4 using XP 29.42 nvidia video driver, DX 8.1, and Soundblaster live with original XP CD install--didn't install the downloadable creative labs driver yet.Would be interested in anyone who installed 40 series nvidia driver and new soundblaster driver and/or DX 9 to see if any of those killed these sound artifacts.Mark

Mark,I've got all of those "enhancements" and still get a little - even with the sound hardware acceleration reduced. Shortly after XP came out Creative posted a driver that fixed it completely, but subsequent drivers seem to bring it back. I don't know if the older driver would even run under the SP1. I believe the driver was dated somewhere around Jan or Feb of '02.Good luck.

Guest mberg

Just talked to my computer expert who builds computers for a living (and mine)and he has essentially the same system as mine and has been working for 2 years to resolve the static issues on his system. Seems Creative is not scoring high on his customer relations meter.Any way it is nice to know that I'm not alone. Maybe Creative can get creative and help us out. I'll post if I learn anything new

jerrycwo4Thanks for all of the good info. I had never heard that there was a problem like this with "Creative Sound Cards". Mine came with my custom Falcon Northwest system and they are supposed to use only the "BEST" componants. Anyway, it rarely happens now, and even if I don't like it when it does, I can live with it. I really like the "little control box" that comes with the Creative Sound Blaster AUDIGY. jerry

Guest mberg

I tripped over a fix. If you are experiencing sound static or anomolies at some throttle settings in default or add-on aircraft, try setting the sound quality in FS 2002 "settings" to medium quality rather than "high" quality. I could not tell the difference in sound quality through my cambridge 5.1 speakers between high and medium except I lost the sound issues.