Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Salute Aerosoft's Twotter......

Guest PPSFA

I expect this to get removed since everytime I post a positive post about a company, it dissappears, but I'm going to try again anyway.After all the posts I have made about developers planes and multiplayer shared cockpit not working, I just have to say that for the first time, in the description of the Twotter, Aerosoft state's clearly that this plane IS fully shared cockpit compatible, and I will verify it, it most certainly IS!!!WTG Aerosoft! I hope others will take notice and follow suit.

Amen to that mate, thanks for the heads up. Shared cockpit is *the* greatest and most overlooked aspect of FSX. That plane just went from 'looks interesting' to guaranteed purchase for me. :)Now that the information is available to gauge programmers to get custom C++ gauges working in shared we'll hopefully see a lot more aircraft working with it, and hopefully some updates to ones that weren't compatible.-mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Few people use shared cockpit because it requires GameSpyware which not a lot of serious users (which are the users for whom most addons are designed) will use.

>Few people use shared cockpit because it requires GameSpyware>which not a lot of serious users (which are the users for whom>most addons are designed) will use.I beg to differ on all points. Shared cockpit does not require gamespy, it works perfectly fine on direct-ip connection. There's no 'gamespyware' involved there at all, don't even have to be logged in.Also I disagree that not a lot of 'serious' users use gamespy to connect. Granted it's a little buggy at times, and is easily overloaded on holidays, but it's also quite convenient access wise for multiplayer. I've met dozens of fantastic people through it all over the world during the past year, and made many new friends out of those experiences. Lastly I consider all of my shared cockpit experiences to be quite serious, as well as fun. I use it mostly for training others, and you know what? It's fantastic for it!I've taught long time simmers to fly helicopters from scratch in it when they previously wouldn't touch the things. Now they're hooked. I've taught brand new simmers to fly fixed wing in it as well, ones who have never played any kind of flight sim before. They're hooked now too. In fact I think a shared cockpit flight is just about the best introduction to FSX someone can have.Currently teaching a friend in Australia to fly IFR in shared mode, using the RealAir SF260. That's pretty serious I'd say.-mike

Guest PPSFA

Mike you just saved me a lot of typing, I couldn't have said it better.

Good show Mike? I really appreciate folks like you that help others enjoy Flt Sim. Multiplay is a challenge for many of us, I know I am still learning about the many capablities of MP. Thanks for what you and others do to help us all.erv KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Thanks very much Erv. I try and help people on this sub-forum specifically whenever I can, though when people post messages dismissing multiplayer as being less than serious, game like, or not worthwhile, especially based on poor information, I get a little irked.The way I see it multiplayer is the inevitable future of FS. The trends in online communities and the success of social systems like Second Life and World of Warcraft have made that quite clear to me. This is one of the few interactive entertainment facets at which the PC still totally dominates the consoles, and will do for some time.FSX showed us that it's possible to network simmers together as easily as a bunch of friends meeting at a local pub for a pint. I never imagined a year ago that I would make new friends in Germany, Australia, New Zealand and a dozen other countries simply by flying along with them, listening to some good tunes, having great conversations and watching stunning sunsets in the virtual alps.The training possibilities alone are staggering, and one of the greatest ironies here is that the people who would stand to benefit the most from shared cockpit experiences, the 'serious' airliner crowd, are the ones who often poo poo multiplayer the most. What other aircraft actually requires two people to operate efficiently? It's unfortunate that those aircraft with such complex systems have been incompatible with shared cockpit mode until now, but hopefully developers will see the possibilities and strive for compatibility with it in the future, and that FS11 will make such endeavours easier.Myself I can't wait until we have a single huge persistent world to fly in together. Who needs AI traffic when you have 10,000 flight simmers in the same worldwide airspace, complete with live ATC at hundreds of destinations? AI traffic? You ARE their AI traffic haha, and everyone else is yours. ;)By the way Erv, if you're keen to fly along with a mature and very relaxed group every other evening, please give me a PM here. I'm GMT -8. :)Cheers,-mike

Guest PPSFA

Mike, you and I think exactly alike on this, one of these days when I have some time lets hook up on MPJay(Keep the shiney side up and the pointy end forward)

Guest N6722c

Quite a few recent posts about SHARED COCKPIT, and some very good information, correcting some incorrect assumptions about Shared Cockpit not working.The key to any successful Multiplayer / Shared Cockpit session is a powerful & stable HOST, on a low latency, high bandwidth connection.If you are wanting to see what the potential of Shared Cockpit can be, FS-MP ( FS Multiplayer Community ) has opened up its powerful 24/7 to the public, and is allowing non-members to use the server for flights on the West Coast USA.see http://fs-mp.com/openYes, you are REQUIRED to use Gamespy to make your connection, but once connected to the server, (provided YOU do not have PC or Internet problem) , you will obtain a fast & reliable connection to the Host.Once you and your buddy are connected, you can go ahead and share your Cockpits.The advantage of using the FS-MP server are numerous.(1) Neither players are loading their PC by HOSTING.(2) FS-MP server runs 24/7(3) FS-MP server is on a 100 MBPS Upload/download Internet connection. Most players hosting are only doing so on 2-3 MPBS download, and 0.75 MBPS UPLOAD.(4) Typically, the "FS-MP Dedicated FSX MP Server" can handle 100's of FSX connections, with its CPUs running at way below 100% capacity.(5) If you like what you see, you have the option to become a FS-MP Certified Member, which will allow you to fly anywhere in the world, and also connect with Direct IP, and avoid any Gamespy issues.FS-MP is a 100% FSX Multiplayer Community, for both Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers, with controllers undegoing training from Real World Controllers, and offering FS ATC to the hightest standards -- as REAL AS IT GETS -- which is much appreciated by Real World Pilots and thise Virtual Pilots that want to push themselves to the limit.http://fs-mp.com/open For "FREE" OPEN SERVER Infohttp://fs-mp.com For "FREE" Membership InfoAdminFS-MP

AFS-MP Admin, Just what we(serious flyers) have been looking and thank you for sharing information. Thanks much! erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Hehe, a little *too* serious for my liking perhaps. Being something of an anarchist I have a deep seated loathing for rules and regulations (as well as airliners), but I definitely applaud your goals and efforts from a simulation standpoint. :)-mike

Guest N6722c

>Hehe, a little *too* serious for my liking perhaps. Being>something of an anarchist I have a deep seated loathing for>rules and regulations (as well as airliners), but I definitely>applaud your goals and efforts from a simulation standpoint.>:)>>-mikeIf you read the post, you will realise there is no obligation to JOIN FS-MP, and thereby be subjected to the few rules that FS-MP has put in place to make the system work.FS-MP is offering the FREE use of their server to ANYONE in the FS Community, who wishes to try it, with the only "RULE" being that those using the server on the WEST Coast, do not intentionally disrupt other people's use and enjoyment of the server.All that is required is some respect and common courtesy to other SIM Pilots -- not too much to ask, even if you like to think of yourself as "something of an anarchist" :)Geoff_D

Guest Shalomar

The one and only aircraft I have bought for FSX that is NOT shared compatible is the CS C130; and it will be the last...If devs don't think shared compatibility sells an aircraft, at least in my case (and many of my online friends) they are *wrong*...No more excuses, Microsoft showed how now...I would gladly pay for a true FSX F1 ATR-72 I can share. (Got it for FS9 and ported it over, thanx F1!!! but now let me share it and I'll buy it again!!!P.S. The RealAir Marchetti and the Justflight Scweiser 300 are fully compatible...Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

I thinking making the relatively simple steam-driven aircraft like the Twin Otter work in shared cockpit mode would be somewhat straightforward... but the Flight1 ATR is a whole other ball-game due to its massive complexity.I expect future high-end complex airlines to have the new shared multi-player stuff built it. I think it's the kind of thing that would have to be implemented from the get go, though.-Bryan

Shared cockpit does not require gamespy, it works perfectly fine on direct-ip connection. There's no 'gamespyware' involved there at all, don't even have to be logged in.
I would like to have good "shared cockpit" sessions with my pilot buddies using this method. Could you or anyone provide a description how this can be achieved? Thanks a lot!

Best regards from RelaxX