Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Salute Aerosoft's Twotter......

Guest N6722c
Few people use shared cockpit because it requires GameSpyware which not a lot of serious users (which are the users for whom most addons are designed) will use.
It would seem that GameSpy, and Myths about FSX and GameSpy, have contributed significantly to the lack of interest and use of FSX's Multiplayer & Shared Cockpit.When you use gamespy to join a Multiplayer session, the players in that session are NOT flying on a Gamespy Hosted FSX server. There is NO SUCH thing as a Gamespy FSX server.Think of a FSX Multiplayer session as a PARTY.Someone decides to Host a FSX session (Host a party), and they do so in their own House (their own Computer).To invite friends, they can either tell everone where their House is ( Give out IP, for Direct Connect ), or they can Hire someone, to advertise their party, and then drive everyone, in a windowless truck, to their House (Gamespy).BY using the Advertising/Transportation company, (Gamespy), they avoid having to tell everone their exact address (IP).ONCE AT THE PARTY, it does not really matter how you got there, own car (Direct Connect), or got driven there by the Transportation Company (Gamespy).This would work fine, were it not for the unfortunate fact, that the Advertising/Transportation Company is often UNRELIABLE, and often does not pick you up, or deliver you to the address !!!BTW: What you do at the party , Newbie party Go'er, or Experienced Licensed party Go'er, if TOTALLY up to you, and the Party .. it has NOTHING to do how you got there ( by Direct Connect or Gamespy )

Good discussion, and I was finally introduced to cockpit sharing (after years "alone" in the virtual cockpit) just this weekend. Buzz13th took me up in Mike's L-39 at night over Van Nuys, CA...simply spectacular, and his night landing at Santa Barbara in the Albatros was probably the most realistic flight sim experience I've ever had. I was in the front seat...and just blown away.BTW, I connected to Buzz's server through Gamespy with no issues whatsoever, even though he and I are on opposite coasts here in the USA.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I fully agree. I am also looking for good aircrafts with "shared cockpit" facility. I would love the RealAir Duke B60 in this mode.

Best regards from RelaxX