Sign in to follow this  

IFDG 757 needs abit of tweaking!! - SPEEDY

I've d/l the 757 the other day, tried out flying it for the first time, and while flying an ILS into Bournemouth Int. (UK) i was finding with the throttle at idle, full flap, spoilers fully OPEN, i was JUST about able to maintain an approximate 150-170kts on final approach.You might also remember that the old EFG 757 over a year ago had the same problem - too damb fast.Is it possible to tweak some settings which will considerably make the a/c less streamlined :-lol (ie. MORE drag) so i can slow the a/c down enough while flying approaches?I noticed that the spoilers were basically ineffective even when fully open and any minor movement on the throttle would start an increase in IAS.OH..it is possible to gain the correct approach speed of approx. 140kts IF you use the spoilers on final. This 757 is a Speedy bird! You can see pics from this 1st flight here: http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID47/15169.html Any chance of some help here, would be much appreciated.Cheers :-wave

I don't recall hitting this issue while on the ILS. With the throttles at idle and full flaps, speed seems to bleed off quite nicely--I need a bit of throttle to maintain speed. There is a section in the aircraft.cfg where you can up the flaps drag, as well as spoiler drag. But I am able to maintain a speed of around 140-150kts on final, with a slight bit of throttle to sustain the speed.Just for kicks, I'd extract the aircraft.cfg again to see if something got blown up in your original installation.-John

I'll give it ago, If anyone knows of how to increase flap or spoiler drag in the aircraft.cfg file, let me know.....:)Will

Guest Van

Actually you need to open up the .air file with a program like AirEd. This is where you will find all the values for drag under primary aerodynamics. I have already tweaked the values you have mentioned in order to slow the 757 down a bit. I also am using the PIC .air file, I found after making some adjustments in that particular file I seem to get more accurate numbers for the gauges. I should mention that I am using the PIC panel with the IFDG GMAX 752 and so far everything is looking great. I have also added the VC flight deck light effect and engine nacelle lighting borrowed from the posky effect file as the IFDG 752 didn't have either. I am still tweaking here and there, but I feel the 752 is handling much better now. You can get the AirEd program at Simviation.com and maybe even Avsim.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

HiThank you very much, you've been of much help :)About to d/l AirEd program now.Cheers