Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Two Controllers conflict

I run a CH USB yoke for most airplanes, CH USB rudder and a Microsoft USB joystick for choppers. I had them all pluged in but the yoke and joystick sometimes would conflict with each other. Is there any software switch for the USB controllers, so I can turn off one and use the other?David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot500 hours Real PIC2000 hours Sim PICSim Test Pilot

hi davidnot sure if this is what you need,but if all your controls are usb,maybe you could get a USB HUB for you desktop.that way you can unplug the hardware your not using..i've tried setting up a USB yoke an analogue joystick,throttle and rudders....no luck..i'm sure you can pull the USB plugs out,without having to turn power off. best wishes steve

Dave,What you want doesnot exist.The reason that the yoke and joystick conficts, is that, by default, FS2K2 assigns it's axis functions to the controller axis it sees.Meaning that if you have both the yoke and joystick active, an axis like elevator is assigned to both elevator of the joystick and the yoke. Which obviously interfere.There's three way of avoiding that:1. the hardware way.Unplug the USB device you are not using at that time.2. when you want to use another controller, manually change the axis definition in FS2K2 via Options-Controls-Assignments each time you switch controllers (iow. make sure that only the axis you want to use is assigned to FS2K2 axis.And that a lot of work, especially if you also use FSUIPC for calibration of the axis.3. Use multiple configurations.Which has my preference, because it is so flexible.The basic idea with that:All axis/button/key definitions are specified in the fs2002.cfg file.Now, you can create specific fs2002.cfg files for specific controller configurations, and at fs start you determine which configuration to use by using a different shortcut for FS2002.E.g."C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002fs2002.exe" /CFG:fs2002Yoke.cfgor "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002fs2002.exe" /CFG:fs2002Joystick.cfgThe obvious advantage of this method is, that you can specify completely different setups for each configuration: not only axis, but also buttons, keys and even using different FSUIPC.ini files.But there's also a disadvantage: if you make a change to other FS2K2 variables via the menu, like startup situation, options, display resolutions, ATC traffic, etc, this data is only saved in the .cfg file that FS2K2 is currently working with.Rob