Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deadraque

CPU usage 100%

Guest Deadraque

Hi, I have a little problem having my fs9.exe being all the time at 97-100% and slows down badly... seems to do like that CTHELPER being at 100% that i got rid off now but I am pretty sure that if i knew what to do on that little prob I have and run like some people at 20-50% that my game should run muchhhh faster and at higher frames with better graphics... help me out on this please, because I go crazy especially that i bought a new Geforce 5600FX 256MB (had a geforce 4 MX 64 MB) and the game looks nicer but not really faster and can even go over my previous settings or it become unplayable...System Info :XPAMD 2.6 Mhz512 RamFX5600 256 MBSB Live 5.1 + 5.1 logitech systemLatests drivers SB, FX card and Direct X installed.and of course a mouse keyboard, floppy cd rom and more :) Oh and a screen (very handfull) guess that's all you need to know :)here is a pic of the task manager.

I've seen this happen before occasionally with Win XP. It usually occurs when you shut down a program. Visually the program is no longer running, but checking with the Task manager will show the main exe still running at 100% CPU power indefinately. I've seen it occur to FS9 after closing the program, but also with other games as well. I don't recall ever seeing it happen while the program was running, but either way it's odd behavior that shouldn't be happening.Joe Wagner

Guest smoothlander247

My only guess is that you might have a fault updateed driver.I once downloaded a new driver for my card (G-Force FX 5200) Sure it made one game work but it screwed up all the textures in FS and other games. Konrad

Guest Deadraque

Been searching and updating whatever I could so i updated all 1 by 1 and reboot and test each time and finally my motherboard upgrade solved the prob, I have a VIA Motherboard. So if any has that prob someday update your motherboard :)Thanks for the replies of you meanwhile my search for the graal Let's boost graphics and see now :)

Guest Deadraque

Only the FSUIPC module like evryone in case i go online and even took the update today the 3.202 version but same result, found the problem meanwhile by updating my motherboard, probably last i did as it was the less possible when i started to search, if i knew i would have started by that...