Sign in to follow this  

New BAE-146-200/300 + Sound

Guest guyjr

I just installed the BAE-146 as talked about in another post today, and grabbed litejet1.zip from the library here to use for the sounds (the planes are initially mapped to use the icky default 737 sound).Everything is working great, and the sounds pack a lot of punch. I've never heard the real thing, so I'm not too concerned with it being absolutely accurate. But one thing I noticed with this setup is that when doing an auto engine startup (ctrl-E), the two left engines start first (one at a time), and then the two right engines start. However, the startup sound for the second engine (the inboard left engine) comes from the right speaker, and the sound for the third engine (the inboard right engine) comes from the left speaker. Is there any way I could modify the sound.cfg that comes with this sound pack to work properly with the airplane, or perhaps make a change in the aircraft.cfg file? I'd even be willing to tweak with the .air file (I have aired here).Thanks for any help!

>Is there any way I could modify the sound.cfg that >comes with this sound pack to work properly with the >airplane,The only file you need concern yourself with is the sound.cfg file...

If your choice of sound `packs a punch` as you say then you may have chosen inappropriately for your 146. The engines sound like almost like they are idling at take-off thrust. A 146 can pass 500 feet overhead at full throttle and you can still hear birds in the trees. That's why it's known as the `Whisperjet`. I used to work near London City and even the turboprops were more noticeable and intrusive than the 146 and RJ's. Often the only time you knew they were there was if you happened to be looking in the right direction. Road traffic noise was more intrusive!Chas