Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Terry Kelley/ KDFW

Guest shelley1995

Hi, I have tried to install this scenery but everytime I select this airport, flight sim. stops running and I get "fatal error" message. I never had this problem with sceneries before and I'm wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on what the problem could be? I installed just as instructions say and I have plenty of memory and hard drive space and so forth. Thank you, S.

Guest kurtj

Try installing it again and see if it happens. Sometimes there maybe some things you may have to add into the scenery.cfg usually flattening parematers. Also if anyone else has this I would like to know, because I haven't downloaded myself yet, and I would like to know how well it works.

Hey Kurt!This is a very nice KDFW rendition! I have installed it and it definitely looks and works better than the default. DFW is one of those "extremely neglected" airports in FS2002. Simflyer's did a magnificent job with their payware version of KDFW, unfortunately, you need a NASA server to be able to squeeze decent frame rates off of it - after purchasing it and trying to run it, I had to de-install it because it was useless for me. As far as the Wilco version goes, I won't even go there - it stinks and their support stinks even worse!!!!!!! I didn't mind wasting my money on Simflyer's since they are a very good and responsive team and some of their other sceneries work real well and with good frames. Mind me, all this on a pretty beefy machine I have at home.Because of this, I'm extremely happy that Terry took the initiative to give us KDFW. His scenery lacks a couple of things here and there, but al in all, it does the job.AHHHHH! And one more thing missing!!!! A good AFCAD file for it. Hopefully someone will cough one up soon!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hey Dennis, I couldn't agree more! since I live 5 miles from there it would be nice to have a good DFW! I bought simflyers and same as you discovered that it was non flyable with any AI (which I gotta have!)I design scenery and I am thinking of doing my own version, but haven't decided yet, While I found that the new one has some nice things, it had a huge impact on FPS for so little actual scenery.Hard to believe for such a busy airport M$ neglected it!Oh well, since I am mostly GA anyway, guess I will stick with Addison! LOLRegards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest kurtj

I think I will download it and try it. I fly American quite often and I need a good hub for American Airlines flights. Thanks for the info.

That's funny, "you need a NASA server to be able to squeeze decent frame rates off of it"!:-lolI just sold them a spare Commodore 64 and 128 I had stored in my daughters closet. They needed the parts for the Shuttle!:-lol

Hey Michael!I live in McKinney, about 30 minutes north of DFW and agree with you 100%. Now, you say that Terry's scenery is bad on your frame rates????? Or are you talking about Simflyer's? I found Terry's enhanced DFW nt to have any impact on my frames.What we need is a good AFCAD file for Terry's scenery, which includes gates.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hey Dennis, McKinney huh? I am in Coppell/Grapevine, small world! LOLI'll go and double check, maybe something else was affecting the FPS, most of my AI is PAI, FSP and AARDVARK, I do have a few odd ones thrown in as well. I am running an Athlon 1.6 with a G4 128 MB card, but thinking of getting a new P4 soon. I would be curious how many have the simflyers with FULL AI and good FPS, to see what kind of specs I need! have you tried the FSGenisis landclass beta 6, it adds a bit to the Dallas look!Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hey Michael!I have the FsGenesys Beta installed and it does look pretty decent. I don't think there are many folks out there succesfully running Simflyer's KDFW with full AI and such and all with good frames. I have a P4 1.7Ghz, with 512 MB of RDRAM PC-800, a 7200 RPM 8MB cache 100 GB hard drive, and an NVIDIA GeForce-2 Ultra 64MB, and this scenery brings me down to my knees - I can only imagine what it does to other machines.Yeah! Check your settings because Terry's scenery should run real nice. By the way, is there a way to get in touch with Terry Kelley to request improvements or even an AFCAD file? I could not find his e-mail address anywhere.Thanks again!PS! How about that storm on Monday!!!!!!!!!!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

Hey Mike.Talking about small world Im in Grapevine. I have Simflyers DFW but I had to disable the static aircraft and gates. Not a framerate friendly scenery.Ed

"I just sold them a spare Commodore 64 and 128 I had stored in my daughters closet. They needed the parts for the Shuttle"Now thats what I call funny :-xxrotflmaoEd

Hey ed, that is cool, seems lots of people from the big D here. i had emailed the Simflyers guys about the framerates when it came out and they didn't offer to many suggestions, which sucks, cause i like the scenery allot, I used to drive to work everyday thru there and loved it when the plasnes taxied over the road! drop me a email sometime!Dennis, do you fly for AA virtual?? I saw in the readme that Terry used a big dog in the AA virtual as a beta tester, maybe he can get ahold of him. I was playing around with it tonight, found an AFCAD for an earler scenery by Terry that Richard Mohammad (SP?) did. It is in 3 overlays, so i won't install it until i am sure I have no other options. I can do an AFCAD for it, but it won't be realistic as far as gates go, but I can get all the aircraft to park in the spaces! LOLBTW you were right, went back and checked, forgot that I had 10 falcon 50s as AI lined up and that was my problem, switched them out, good to go! Drop me an email if you want me to work on that AFCAD. Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW