Sign in to follow this  

my new simulator (photos)

Hello,I'm finishing my small cockpit. The original project was a boeing cockpit, but I don't have room for it right now, so in the lastest 30 days I got what I already bought (goflight, aerosoft, LCD, monitors, etc), designed a table for it and put everything to work :) Soon I'll have a web page showing in details my project, with photos/links for all the hardware and software.I keep you informed.MESSAGE EDITED TO REMOVE IMAGES THAT EXCEED 700 PIXEL WIDTH REQUIREMENT(the guy in the photo is a friend, not me :)Thanks,Ulisses

Probably could have got your private pilot certificate with the money it cost for all that.

I already own my private pilot certificate, so I'm happy with a good simulator at home, but I know nice cockpits over 10k...it's a question of what you like, some people spend money in cars, others in boats, others in RC aircrafts, I like flight simulators :)Anyway thanks to remember me that !Ulisses

Congratulations, fabulous setup but it's crying out for two small things which will transform it and make it even more realistic.1. Put a black surround around the top screen so it doesn't look like a monitor (like the masking on a cinema screen)2. Put a decent Fresnel Lens in front of it - the resultant view size will be amazing and it will have depth as well.Best of luck.Pat

Guest Frank Betts

ain't nothing wrong with enjoying your hobby. Keep going Ulisses that looks like a lot of fun there :-smile12

Do you mean something like this? 30" fresnel lens 12 inches in front of a 19" monitor. Makes it look like a 24" monitor with a lot of depth.

Yes, that's what I mean except I feel that you don't get the full benefit of a Fresnel Lens when the aircraft panel is also there. In Ulisses' case he is using the top monitor for outside view only and is absolutely idea for a Fresnel.BTW, my Fresnel is about 24 inches in front of the monitor (19") but I'm probably sitting back more from it than most would. I reckon that the screen size is increased by at least 50% giving nearly a 30" "monitor" to look at but, as you say, the depth you get as well is of equal importance.Pat

Guest outtatimeiii

Wow! Very very nice. I always wanted to do something like that, but money and space prevent me from doing it. Well maybe not lack of space, since I have 3 computers (Custom 1.2GHz Athlon, Gateway 2000 486DX2-66MHz, and a old IBM 3270PC 4.77MHz) in my bedroom each with their own keyboards, monitors and other stuff LOL.Btw, that looks a lot like a Altec subwoofer. My Boarder Collie screwed up my Altec speakers beyond repair by chewing on the speaker connect cord on the subwoofer LOL. Guess the dog didnt like the bass.

Yeap....You are a good observer, it's a altec subwoofer !Thanks,Ulisses

you're right ulissessome people like drinking in the pubs ,some got to football...some do both...lol..me i like my flightsims.thats where my money goes.. nice setup too best wishes steve(UK)