Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

Putting simming in perspective

Guest Lobaeux4

I've seen the posts and memorials, and feel I've actually lost friends here that I've met through simming. This morning we lost our pet of 11 years. Shug was a good dog and I miss her.Remember guys, that this hobby is great, you meet great people and I enjoy everything about it. But, it's just a hobby, and even though some may say she was just a dog, she was my wife and I's child. For me, I offer heartfelt condolences to all who suffer loss. I feel small and petty typing this, but I needed to say something.Thank you,Lobaeux

Guest jaapverduijn

I know and understand how you feel. I wish you all the best, and may the good memories you have of Shug help you to bear the pain of the loss.Jaap Verduijn.

Lobaeux,I too know how you feel, you just get used to it with time. In sepetember I had to put my dog, golden retriever, to sleep. I had her also 11 years. You are not small and petty, loosing a long time friend hurts like hell. On the bright side I will be getting a new one this spring :)Matt

I feel for you, pets become part of the family, and loosing one is like loosing a family member.My heart goes out to you,Tony in Miami

LobaeuxA lot of folks don't understand how important and how much a part of a family a pet can be. Anyone who's spent much time with animals know that they have as much capacity (if not more in some cases) to love and show affection as our human brethren. Our pets are the true embodiment of unconditional love. My condolences on behalf of your "AWVA family".Mike C.KPHX

Losing a pet is the same as losing a member of your family. Having lost two in the last year I offer our sorrow too. My wife did a webpage in tribute to one of our pugs we lost a year ago-it has been visited quite a bit and helped her with her grief. You may wish to do so or put a memorial on one of the websites out there-a fitting tribute to an important member of your family.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.jpg

My sympathies to you and your wife.I've lost many pets throughout the years and they have all been special and still hold a special place in my heart.Larry

Guest Hacksaw

Lobaeux:Someone once said "Dogs are better people than most people."I understand and we are sorry for your loss.Hacksaw

Guest crashing_pilot

hi,we had to put our cat down in october last year(2002)....i know how you feel...i myself,although having three other cat's,miss him every day ...good luck mate...and remember...although most people say:well,just get another one,we know we'll never get that personality our pet had...good luck...and uhm...please ignore my sig...

Guest Lobaeux4

Thank you all for your kind words, it was a hard day of consoling the family. I guess you just never know how much pets mean to you until they are gone.Lobaeux

My sincerest condolences. I know exactly the pain you are feeling. Having had a great day with our dogs today (one of them had his 8th birthday) I know how much a part of the family they become. My wife and I lost one of our dogs only four days after our wedding this past year, and it took a lot for us to pull it together and continue with our lives. However, our other dog was so morose without his companion that we eventually found another youngster to join the family. Now she's the light of his life, and has really brought a lot of joy into our family after only a few months. Take heart... the pain doesn't go away but it subsides, to be replaced with all the great memories. Cherish all the people and animals you are fortunate enough to know in this life. They're all worth it.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit