Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marcelo

-- FX6800 Ultra. - Feedback please?

Guest Marcelo

Any experience with this (expensive) card?How does it compare to the older FX 5600 for example?To buy, or not to buy?Comments please?Regards, Marcelo Santiago, ChilePosted on Wednesday, Sept.08, 10.50am EDT

Guest LLgaz

Have a 6800GT in the Mail....enroute.After much research and headscratching, I went ahead and bought it ($397).....had to because my good friend the Ti4600 went dumb on me...one of the memory chips got damaged somehow.When I get the card, I'll let you know.....should be here in 2 days.The performance isn't much different from the 6800U.

Bought the 6800GT and have been using it for a week now. Upgraded (I thought) from a ATI 9800 Pro 128MG. Unfortunately, I'm not happy with the AA. Seem the scenery is not as clear as the ATI was. I've tweaked everything, but no go. I will return the 6800 to Best Buy and I should have the X800 Pro ATI delivered by this weekend or early next week. I tried that card a week ago, but it didn't seem to work on my Dell (relatively new computer....2.8gig, 1024Ram, etc.)I think it was a bad card, even though it may have had an incompatibility problem. I've decided to try it again. What do I havae to lose? If it works, fine. If not, OK,too. I think though that ATI has better visual quality (scenery, etc) than the NVidia card. Well, we'll see. I'll talk to you later after I get the X800.

Guest SoarPics

"2.7? you mean your Athlon64 +3400 clock speed right? so a CPU overclocked to 2.7Ghz plus a 6800 Ultra is still NOT enough to run FS2004 with all sliders full to the right, 100% AI Traffic and have 50-60 FPS? "Yep.Greg

My 3400+ clock speed is 2.2 I have it overclocked to 2,75. It will do 2,8 but not much more. Yup Mytraffic 2004 absolutely molests my framerates. A bit different from where you fly though. I tried flying in Sion which is a little airport didn

More feedback. Yeah there is definiatly something fishy (got the pun?) about the water. Water slider to full yet I can hardly see the waves and it looks very dull. Posted a screenshot on forums.simflight.com screenshot forum.As for aa yes not up to par with ATI and for clearness well you really have to run 1600x1200 or at least I have to. To me it feels like the X800XT PE is the optimum choice for FS 2004 currently at least. But it surely looks good at the settings I run at. I got a 22" monitor too so anything less then 1280x960 with 4xaa at least is a no no jagginess galore.Performance is excellent even with 737NG:s when not at low altitude over cities but now it

Guest aigean

yeah i dont think i could buy an ati until they support stereo. i really don't understand why they don't, stereo is becoming more and more popular.

Guest aigean

i dont have any particular settings. i just use the hot key to turn it on stereo, then adjust the convergence so the the tail of my aircraft (when looking from external view from behind the aircraft) is where the two images match each other. Default seperation is usually enough. Works great, looks awesome.

>i dont have any particular settings. i just use the hot key>to turn it on stereo, then adjust the convergence so the the>tail of my aircraft (when looking from external view from>behind the aircraft) is where the two images match each other.> Default seperation is usually enough. Works great, looks>awesome.okay what size of your monitor do you have? How much stereo separation do you have in the nVidia control panel? You don