Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarryJ_KMSO

The Perfect Hardware combo for FS2k2

I think I have found the perfect combination of hardware to run FS2k2.#1. Pentium 4 2.4ghz processor#2 ASUS P4PE Motherboard#3 512MB Dram#4 Geforce TI 4200 Graphics card by PNYNow I can run FS with everything maxed out and till get FPS in the 20's + 30's +Very happy now.I used to run it with a P III 450 mhzand got 10-12 fps at the most with settings set at around 50%ThanksMikeFavorite Real world plane to fly Warrior II

That's good news as this is the same computer I am thinking of building.Ed

Sounds good,Almost exactly what i plan on building and putting together this month :) Tho doesn't the mobo and processor support DDR memory? Im still researching as well.Enjoy it,i will soon be leaving behind my P3 866 for my new hotrod! :D=Swiv=

Guest Andy_YXU

yep great combo indeed !!!was my first choice, but as I still have to wait a little for CPU prices to drop I want to go with 2.53 I will also wait for the new ASUS P4G8X to come out and I think I will build it then... it will support my 8x video card and got some dualchannel memory support that supposed to give some extra horsepower.For video I bough an ASUS Ti4200 128RAM 8xAGP and use it on my old putter for now.... lack of extra $$$ gotta pay taxes can't leave out the government it just wouldn't be fair to them :-lolAndy

Yes it does; RAM: 3 x184-pin DDR333 PC2700/PC2100/PC1600Max 2GB I'm still researching also.p3 500Ed

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

While the P4PE has three memory slots, only two can be used if you use commonly available double sided DDR memory cards. Effectively your maximum DDR is 1 GB until single sided high speed DDR becomes available.Also the folks over in the RC30 support forum indicated the SoundMax on board audio chip was not adequate to support Radar Contact. I tried it both ways with a SB Live! and with the SoundMax and found the performance of RC30 lacking in both. I've quit using RC30 because of the speech and lack of other AI aircraft on the frequency with you.LarrySystem: Asus P4PE 2.4 GHz (Overclocks easily to 2.5) 1 GB PC2700 DDR (in two slots), LeadTek Ti4600 128 MB.