Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Can't set download folder

Strange problem here, probably due to brain fade.My main machine downloads fine, and puts the files where I want them in my D:download folder.My other machine, which accesses the internet via the main machine using MS Internet Connect Sharing, dumps the files into an obscure folder in the depths of windows, namely c:windowslocalsettingstemporaryinternetfilescontent.IE5goobledeygookBoth machines run IE6 (not IE5).I have been all through the Internet Options in IE6 and can't find where to set the required download folder. And I can't remember how I did it on the first machine. I am not using a download manager.Any suggestions please? Thanks.Bryn

Thanks Kurt, that is a workround which works :)However, I still can't get the behaviour I get on my main machine, where each downloaded file is automatically sent to my Download folder, without my having to direct it there. The machine has somehow remembered where I want the files to go, and does it without any further mouse clicking by me.Both machines are running Win98SE.