Sign in to follow this  

HELP: Slew Mode Rotating Out of control

Help!As I write this desperate request, I am still dizzy from being in a constant right hand level rotation in slew mode. I have no idea what has happened. I have checked all cfg files and key assignments. I have compared them to saved ones and see no difference. At this time, trying backed up cfg files (not my entire FS2002 folder) I still go into this right handed dizzying flat rotation - on the ground, in the air, doesn't matter.I had been working with AFCAD and AI Traffic Mover a couple of days ago and was using the slew mode in top down view (Ctl S) to try to realign taxiways and parking spaces with the way AI traffic was going.If I hit the number pad 5 it freezes only until I release the key. Get out of slew mode and everything is OK until slewing again.Help before AVSIM goes down,A very dizzy Jay Ottsjayotts@attbi.com:-xxrotflmao

Guest RonB49

It's probably your joystick or yoke not precisely centered. Turn it off; I don't remember whether it is the "K" key alone or "Ctrl+K". Conversely, you can go to Options > Assignments and delete the axis assignments from the joystick/yoke slew mode. R-

CH pedals per chance? They'll cause this every time because they don't center perfectly with FS2002.

Thanks everyone. It was the joystick. Sometimes when I reboot, my Thrustmaster F16 FLCS/TQS can (but rarely) cause problems. This was the case and the pedals are Thrustmaster and integrated with the TQS system. Jay Otts :-jumpy