Sign in to follow this  

Traffic.dll.....FS2k2 won't load

Hello all,New to the forums but have enjoyed it so far...you all have been of great help. This one I can't figure out. FS2002 has been running fine for weeks but starting yesterday I would get the "....detected 3rd party software.....File: traffic.dll....do you want to load....". Select yes or no same thing, program won't load, back to desktop.Did a forum search, found and ended up deleting traffic.dll from my windowssystem32 file. It worked! For a while, anyway. It's back, and if I delete it it just comes back again, before my eyes if I use Powerdesk (a file manager). Any ideas? I did install Combat FS 1 since I had gotten FS2K2 working the first time. FS2K2 is stock, no add-on anything. Windows XP pro, athalon 1800+, 512 meg ram, Leadtek video card.Thanks in advance!John B.

John - Add these lines to your fs2002.cfg file (it's a simple text file and can be edited with Notepad):(Old Modules)traffic.dll=1 Replace the parens around Old Modules with brackets. See the readme.rtf file in the main FS2002 folder for the full explaination.Trip

These two files are totally different. One in your WindowsSystem32 folder is used by Windows itself. Other in your fs2002modules folder is associated with fs2002 only.I recommend you search these and FLIGHTSIM forums for traffic.dll problems. There was a long discussion and ultimate fix.

Thanks to you both!I had seen that in the readme but thought it applied only to third-party add ons, of which I have none.I poked around a bit and found traffic.dll also in windowssystem32dllcache. Deleted it from there and everything has been fine. We'll see....Always more to learn. Thanks again!John B.