Sign in to follow this  
michal

where to buy a good quality fresnel lens ???

Hi,Anyone knows where to buy a good fresnel lens for a 21' monitor ?thanks,ulisses

Hi Ulisses:I bought one for about $50.00 two years ago and I love it. I bought the 30" one for my 19" monitor and it makes it look like a 24" monitor with lots of depth.http://www.maxiaids.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?You have a great setup. Must have cost you a pretty penny, but what is money for if not to spend it on whatever makes us happy.

Ulisses:The code # for the item you want is 04530. Search under TV screen enlarger. Around $50.00 including shipping.

Just a question:Couldn't you just buy a Magnifying Sheet Fresnel Lens on ebay for 5 bucks and stick it on a cardboard or build a wooden frame or something?

I got mine at maxiades for 40.00. I love it.

Hi Ulissis:From the discription it appears to be the same thing exept that it is only 25 inches instead of thirty inches and sells for 59 pounds sterling plus shipping from England instead of $43.00 US dollars plus shipping. If you are in the USA the one from Maxiaids is probably much cheaper, but if you live in England the other one may be better. Your choice.

Hi !Can you tell me if it's glass or plastic ?Thanks,Ulisses

Ulisses:it is 1 centimeter thick plastic with a light blue tint,and I get no distortion of the monitor image even though the screen is positioned 12 inches away from the face of the monitor. If it were made of glass it would be very expensive and very heavy. It has very fine circular grooves invisable to the naked eye which prevent any distortion of the image. I answered your e-mail on the size question you asked.

CharlieZ, I've been following this thread and it really stirred my interest, so much that I took your recommendation and ordered the 30" from Maxiaids. I hope its what you say it is. I'll post my opinion when it arrives. Thanks. Tom

Tom:I don't think you will be dissapointed. It makes my 19 inch Viewsonic monitor appear to be a twenty-four inch monitor with a lot of depth. Don't forget to build a cardboard enclosure around the top and sides. Mine sits 12 inches away from the monitor screen.

I venture to say the highest quality Fresnel lenses you will get at Edmund Scientific (they are in New Jersey). I bought mine there. More expensive than others but they are true industrial quality lenses made for imaging rather than light diffusion. Michael J.

How much ? Is there a web site for Edmund Scientific ?Thanks,Ulisses