Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Computer Question

Guest CharlesH

Hi All:I have a P-4 2.4 with a intergrated shared memory Intel Extreme Graphic card. I have been noticing that frame rates are droping along with extreme pauses. I can put a PCI graphics card in my machine. It does not have a AGP slot in it. First question that I have is there a good PIC card that I could purchase that would work with my system? If so which one would you recommend. Computer make, indicated that PCI video card will not give as good as performance as AGP card. I am looking at a Geforce 4 card or similar card. Or should I just go out and have a new mother board installed. I am sure it would fit in my computer as it is quite large. The motherboard must have a AGP slot along with PCI. If you would recommend a mother board which one? I like to take advantage of my processor and my memory that I have already. Any assistance, advice would be appreciated. I need some advice as which way to go. I don't want to spend alot of money on the system, but will if necessary.Kind regards,Charles

Guest CharlesH

bump.................Charles

The only PCI cards are probably going to be the GeForce MX Series but they are not going to satisfy you. I guess you learned a big lesson on why buying these computers with on-board components. It is really a bummer that it doesn't have an AGP slot.If you go the MOBO route, visit:www.asus.com.twwww.soyousa.comwww.biostar.com.twAlso visit http://www.tomshardware.com/ for recommendations.