Dear FriendsI have a problem with my Side winder 3D pro joystick. I use the game port to connect my Joystick (as it is an older version) and not the USB. I have a P4 3.2 GHz computer with Creative SoundBlaster sound card, 64MB NVIDIA Geforce 4 VGA card. I use Windows XP.I am unable to use the Joystick and Gamecontoller says "not connected" when is infact is connected. I have gone into this problem and am told this is due to conflict with the sound card. I am told to

I had all your problems & finally just bought a new USBLogitech Extreme 3DPRO, which solved all those problemsand a lot of others too. Goes superbly - I stuck to theMS sick for too long.Peter Sydney Australia

Your problem may be related to the MIDI interface that uses the gameport connection. If your sound card uses the MPU-401 midi interface, it must be enabled. Many newer cards use pseudo MPU-401 interfaces that don't have the ability to be enabled.As the other poster indicated, it is usually simpler to buy a USB joystick. You might also try buying a gameport to USB adapter and using the present joystick as a generic joystick.W. Sieffert