Sign in to follow this  
Guest 727Fan

Auto-Install Aircraft Question

Guest 727Fan

I forgot! At times there have been posts about folks losing all AI traffic, and other unsundry happenings when using an auto-exec. program that comes with some aircraft.Advice has been to back-up something. I can't remember what. I'm about to try to install PAB's Airbus, the T-38, and the Boeing Stearman from many months back. Can anyone advise me the safest way to go about doing this?ThanksRick

Make a copy of your traffic bgl. C:program filesmicrosoft gamesfs2002scenedbatcmatt

jerrycwo4If you go ahead and use the "auto" installer, make a back up of the below files as these are the ones that are somtimes deleted and cause your AI's to stop. You can find these files in your AIRCRAFT Folder in Fs2002: Fs2002/ Aircraft. They will be in the bottom of the folder under all of the aircraft folders. Make a copy of these files and save for 'a rainny day'. I've had to use my 'saved' files a number of times. jerry

Guest nbl957

OK, how can you know if these files are the correct ones. Do these files change or is it just necessary to see the listed files in the folder? My aircraft.cfg file only shows 14 callsigns. Here's the list :-AirwaveWorld TravelGaiaOrbitSoarLandmarkPacificaGlobal FreightwaysAmerican PacificEmerald Harbor AirNobleNoble AirMidlandAny AirlineSo, must I change it and if so, how? Same question about the other files listed in your post.Thanks

Guest nbl957

BUMPCan someone advise pleaseThanks>OK, how can you know if these files are the correct ones. Do >these files change or is it just necessary to see the listed >files in the folder? My aircraft.cfg file only shows 14 >callsigns. Here's the list :- >>Airwave >World Travel >Gaia >Orbit >Soar >Landmark >Pacifica >Global Freightways >American Pacific >Emerald Harbor Air >Noble >Noble Air >Midland >Any Airline >>So, must I change it and if so, how? Same question about the >other files listed in your post. >>Thanks

I wouldn't even worry about the airlines.cfg file but if you want you can download an updated versionSearch the library section fs2002 Miscellaneous for accalls.zip or use "airlines" in the search field. There are other informational files you can download.

Guest nbl957

Thanks for the reply and the information>I wouldn't even worry about the airlines.cfg file but if you >want you can download an updated version >>Search the library section fs2002 Miscellaneous for >accalls.zip or use "airlines" in the search field. There >are other informational files you can download.

Guest 727Fan

THANKS Folks for the comprehensive replies. This info. will allow me to use these auto-install-exe aircraft with confidence that should something in the default files be erased, I can recover them.Much appreciated!!!!Rick