Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgreenwood

1600x1200x32???

Why wont FS2002 give me this setting? It gives me 1600x1200x16, but not 32 bit. WinXP allows me to set my desktop at this resolution, but I cant get FS to do it no matter what I try. I have a Ti4200 running 41.09 drivers on a 19" monitor, so whats the problem? I would belive it would be my monitor if XP only allowed me to set it at 16, but it doesnt. I did a quick search of the forums but returned nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks alot.Craig

Hi CraigWithout knowing any better I would say it's your Ti4200 card that won't give you anything better than 1600x1200x16 at full screen using the drivers you have...I'm sure someone with more knowledge could fill me in here, or correct me if I'm totally lost...Regards

No, that sounds like a familiar answer that Ive heard before. I will try windowed mode and see if I get anything with that. If so, Ill have to live with 16 bit, because windowed mode just doesnt cut it for me. Thanks for your advice.CraigEDIT: I tried windowed mode and no luck. I did notice that the box with the resolutions in it was labeled as fullscreen display resolution, so maybe its just not possible.

Guest jase439

You have to set it in the FS2002.CFG file directly.

Thats what I thought I remembered from previous posts, but couldnt find it. I tried that and it wouldnt take. Maybe there is something that I missed? I just manually set the resolution that I wanted and saved, but when I started up the sim, the display box said it was set at 640x480x16. Maybe I had it set up properly and didnt know it.Craig

Guest AndrewMal

Nice to see you posting my Cleveland buddy! I had the same problem as you. I think it's an issue with FS2002. The way to fix it is to set it manually in the cgf as that last guy suggested or to change your resolution in windows to 1600x1200x32 before loading FS2002 and then it will be an option. Run the sim in Full Screen and never take it out of full screen and it will stay in 1600x1200x32 regardless of what you change your screen size to later.GO BUCKS!-Andrew

Hello Andrew, Thanks for your response. I think I did originally have it figured out, by manually editing the cfg and just running the sim. I guess I was expecting the x32 to show up in the sim, but it didnt and I thought I screwed it up. I fired it up for a spin around the patch and after I exited my cfg still said 1600x1200x32, so Im assuming all is well. I really like this resolution alot better than anything else Ive tried and I didnt notice any difference in frames in the short time I tried it. You might have me confused with another Ohio native that lurks around the forums...Im not from Cleveland, but a little further south just north of Columbus in Mt. Vernon. I actually dont live there anymore, but transplanted to Iowa. I have to say though that I havent heard any of these Hawkeye fans squawking about the Buckeyes since last week! :-lolCraig

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Craig,Since this issue comes up regularly, I have added a discussion of the problem to my website:www.fs-traveler.com/32-bit.htmlMost of the subject has been covered here, but I have tried to organise the information, and suggest how the option can be restored to the menu - if it was present after the original installation of FS2002.Regards,Steve

Easy on the Hawkeye bashing! Sure is great to see a Championship back in the Big Ten. Being a Hawk fan, I do have to admit they looked very poor Thursday. However, look at where they have come from in the past few years. The Bucks look to be a good team next year as well. Go Big Ten!ScottWaverly,IA transplanted to Plano Texas.

Hey Scott, I wasnt bashing the Hawkeyes, I was just saying that because for over a month I heard about how "only if the Hawkeyes played the Buckeyes this year". I knew that the Hawkeyes were playing really well, but I didnt think they could beat a healthy Ohio State team. The Bucks looked really good last Friday and I cant tell you how many seasons Ive gone through of heartache and disappointment and finally I get bragging rights for a year. :) I wish the Big Ten would have won all of their bowl games, but fell a few short. As always, maybe next year.Craig

Steve, Really nice site with alot of info I havent seen before. I bookmarked the site, and will definitely sift through sometime soon. Thanks alot!Craig

It was very hard to watch the USC game. Brad couldn't get anything going and I knew the defense was going to wear down. Oh well, still a great year. The bad thing about the Big Ten, is it will continue to be nagged on because it doesn't play a Champ game. People don't realize OSU still has to get through Michigan and everyone else has to get through OSU. There's your Champ. games. :) So which corn field do you live in?

I watched about half of that Iowa/USC game and I already had an idea that if the Hawkeyes didnt show up with their A game, they wouldnt last in the long haul with USC. The same was true with the Buckeyes, if they didnt show up to play, Miami was really going to destroy them. I think another factor in the OSU game was that Miami showed up expecting to walk all over OSU and some players and alumni had already planned victory parties weeks before the game was even played. OSU showed up with a good attitude and healthy players, and showed Miami what hard-nosed Big Ten football is all about. I still have flashes of the hit Wilhelm put on Dorsey in the 2OT. That made my day without question.Another tidbit I didnt know until I caught the news after the game is that the kicker for Miami that barely nailed the field goal that sent the game into overtime is from Ankeny, where I live. I didnt see much about that in the Register, although I dont read it every day, I usually catch Sundays edition.Craig

Guest sgreenwood

You're welcome, Craig, and thank you. I hope you find some of the information useful to you.Steve