Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

Speed Gauge

Hello Everyone,Im just curious...I was flying the other day the Default Lear 45, in IFR conditions. Upon Decent into ORD, all of a sudden the Speed gauge just cut out on me. My original thought is that I had "failures" set, but I did not. At that point, I had no clue how fast or how slow I was actually going. At some point, I started to stall, and you know what happens from there.Ok, so I reset the sim, during Taxi, the Speed works, as soon as I rotated off the runway, the speed gauge died... I tried this at multipule airports, using diffrent aircraft, and same problem ... The only solution was too quit out of MSFS and reload the program, that fixed it ... This happens once every so often ... Does it have anything to do with FS Navigator? or FS WX? Ive noticed that It generally does it, when I have it loaded?Anyone have the same problem, or any suggestions?Thanks alot ! I appreciate it!!!Gregg

Most jets require the pitot heat on in the "Before Takeoff" checklist and it remains on until they land.

jerrycwo4 This happened for the 1st time for me yesterday on the Falcon 50 and As far as I know, it does NOT have a pitot heat SWITCH to turn on. I was using some new weather programs: ActiveSky WeRe and the FSW clouds program. I just "reinstalled the Falcon 50 and the speed gauge came back up. Don,t know what caused the trouble.jerry

JerryEven when your panel does not have a pitot heat switch FS will give you problems. Use "SHIFT+H" to turn it on and off in this situation.I found that out with an aircraft that had no switch. Luckly I had printed out a list of FS2K2 key presses and found it. A few minutes after I pressed the keys my airspeed gauge came back to life.maxsdad