Sign in to follow this  

I've no AI Voice

First of all I would like to give all my best wishes to all flight simmers community for this new year. :-wave I've just make a reinstallation of FS2002 on my new HD, everything is OK except a lack of AI voice. Can somebody help me with this ?Thank you.

Check your fs2002sound folder for two very large files:USEnglishASOS.gvpusenglishbig.gvpIf missing, retrieve from your fs2002 CDs using an unzipping program and place in your fs2002sound folder.Check your sound setting for Air Traffic Control (ATC) under Options, setting, sounds.If the two files are present and your sound setting for ATC is correct, you may have lost or disabled your Compressed Audio Codecs.For Win98/ME, under Control Panel, select Multimedia, Devices Tab, Open Audio Compression Codecs. You need the following codecs:Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODECMicrosoft ADPCM CODECMicrosoft PCM ConverterIf the files are present, select each one, select properties, and ensure the "Use this audio codec" is selected. If the files are missing, select Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, Windows Setup tab, select Multimedia, Details button, enable (check) Audio Compression, OK, and following the instructions. You may need your OS CD for installing the codecs.For WinXP, open Device Manager, open Sound, video, and game controllers, select Audio Codecs, Properties tab, review the list for the above CODECS (shortened titles). If the files are present, following the directions above. If the files are missing, insert your WinXP CD into the CD-drive and conduct a repair/reinstall. If you have WinXP SP1 installed, you may have to reinstall it after the repair/reinstall plus any pre-SP2 updates you may have installed.