Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard

Merge the PSS and Meljet 777 here...

So you've got the PSS 777 installed? You want to use Mel's great new model with it? Well read on...I've made some changes to the PSS aircraft.cfg that allow you to fly the PSS panel and FDE with Meljet's new model. All I've done is make the changes necessary to swap the visual models. The PSS FDE remains unchanged. This means you will still get the poor glideslope capture inherent to the PSS FDE, but you will also get realistic VNAV performance as well as correct fuel predictions from the FMC.So far I've only briefly tested these changes, so if you're brave enough to give them a try let me know how you get on. I'm not going to post the entire contents of my aircraft.cfg because PSS and/or Mel might tell me off. Instead I'll just tell you how to make the changes yourself.**********i) Make a backup of your original PSS 777 aircraft.cfg!!!ii) Replace the PSS {VIEWS} section with the Meljet one.iii) Replace the PSS {CONTACT_POINTS} section with the Meljet one.iv) Now the tricky part...Leave the {FLAPS.0} section in your PSS aircraft.cfg *UNCHANGED*. Do not touch it.Copy the {FLAPS.1} and {FLAPS.2} section from the Meljet to the PSS aircraft.cfg.Now make sure you have the following added to the Meljet {FLAPS.1} and {FLAPS.2} entries:lift_scalar = 0.00drag_scalar = 0.00pitch_scalar= 0.00This will allow the Meljet flaps to animate but they will not effect the PSS flight dynamics.v) Next copy the {EXITS} {TAILHOOK} and {FOLDING_WINGS} sections from the Meljet to the PSS aircraft.cfg. This will allow the doors/engine cowlings/folding wings on the Meljet model to animate.vi) Finally copy the {LIGHTS} section from the Meljet to the PSS aircraft.cfg**********I'll reiterate what I said above - YOU WILL STILL BE FLYING WITH THE PSS FDE!!!Just about everything *appears* to be ok with these changes. I've just hand flown an approach into PHNL. ZFW was 170,800Kg, FOB 10,000Kg, flaps 30, Vref 128 knots....... The aircraft handled beautifully. Final approach at Vref the nose was just 1-2 degrees above the horizon.The only problem I've encountered so far is the nav light switch on the PSS overhead panel doesn't seem to activate the lights on the Meljet visual model. I've got to leave for work in a minute so I'll investigate this further when I get home tonight.Thanks again to Melvin for giving us another truly beautiful aircraft to fly.Cheers.

Guest Van

Nick I have done the exact same merge as you and everything looks great as well. One more thing I did to solve the lighting issue was copy the electrical section from the PSS744 aircraft cfg and paste it into the PSS777 aircraft cfg. It seems the PSS777 did not have an electrical section at all, at least not in mine. Now all my lights work great.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Guest Martin

Sounds like you did exactly like I did, except for the setting the scalars for the new flaps sections to 0.0. I got huge problems with approach attitude, but it will be interesting to see how it is with your edit!>The only problem I've encountered so far is the nav light >switch on the PSS overhead panel doesn't seem to activate >the lights on the Meljet visual model.This is because for some reason PSS decided that the Nav switch should control the panel lights, and the Logo switch (!) should control the nav lights.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Thanks for the info about the electrical systems.When I first tried the merge I had a pronounced nose down at approach speeds. The only way I could get anything like a realistic approach attitude was to slow well below 100 knots. I'm pretty sure this was because the Meljet flaps sections were acting as extra flaps. By changing the scalars for these flaps to zero we are left with just the PSS flaps affecting the flight dynamics, but we still get all the flaps and slats on the visual model deploying correctly.

NickJust one small question. I had no time to try your merge yet. Does it also work with the load editor from PSS?Markus

Markus Burkhard

Yes it works fine with the PSS loadedit. The only change I've made is to allow the Meljet visual model to be used correctly with the original PSS panel and FDE.

That's great Nick, just what I was looking for! I'll try it tomorrow evening... already 00.15am around here :)Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Yes it works fine with the PSS loadedit. The only change >I've made is to allow the Meljet visual model to be used >correctly with the original PSS panel and FDE.Hi Nick,How do you get the PSS B777 Load editor to work? I only get a Runtime error when I try to load it?! :-hmmmI have all the Runtime 5 library installed on my system.Fly safe,Staffan Ahlberg

Staffan

The only way I've managed to get the load edit to work, is to temporally move the PSS/MEL aircraft.cfg file into the PSS-777 folder. Once in that location, run the load edit program. When finished, move the aircraft.cfg file back...

I think the PSS loadedit looks for the aircraft.cfg in the "PSS-777" folder. If you've changed the folder name it won't work. You might also want to take a look at the weight and balance section of your PSS 777 aircraft.cfg I remember I was having some problems a while back and it turns out the loadedit had added about half a dozen zeros to the end of the "empty weight" parameter. Once I corrected the error loadedit worked fine. This is what my weight and balance section looks like at the moment:{WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE}reference_datum_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000max_number_of_stations=50station_load.0=0450, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Crew (lbs) LEAVEstation_load.1=3000, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Galleys (lbs) LEAVEstation_load.2= 164, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Baggage (lbs) Baggagestation_load.3= 126, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Cargo (lbs) Cargo station_load.4= 7, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Psgr Sect OA (lbs) Firststation_load.5= 322, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Psgr Sect OB (lbs) Coachempty_weight= 303864 <- this was where loadedit added lots of zerosempty_weight_roll_MOI=18250000.000000empty_weight_pitch_MOI=29000000.000000empty_weight_yaw_MOI=10500000.000000empty_weight_coupled_MOI=100.000000empty_weight_CG_position=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000You could also try unistalling the 777 and reinstalling it again. If you purchased the 777 before PSS introduced their current web installers (like myself), just contact PSS and tell them your name and approximate date you purchased the 777 and they will add the new 777 base installer plus any liveries you purchased to your PSS user account. If this still doesn't solve your problem you could always contact PSS tech support. They offer great support and I'm sure they'll sort everything out for you.

Guest Martin

In your example I think the loadedit also lost a few zeros. This happens to me also For example, look at:station_load.4= 7, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 //Weight Psgr Sect OA (lbs) FirstUnless you changed the passenger weight to 7 lbs, something is wrong here. For me the loadedit lost the last three digits in the weights, so your weight for the pax in the first class section should probably be something at 7000 lbs.BTW, I wonder if there is anyway to have both realistic attitudes and having the A/P follow the ILS correctly...Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Thanks Nick. :-)Staffan

Staffan

Could you help a dense old man. I don't understand. Do you move the altered aircraft.cfg to mels folder are do you move everything to the PSS Folder?

Guest jeffg

I am having the same problem,which file goes where????? JeffG

Basically, that's up to you - personally I would create a MelJet folder, copy over (or alias) the PSS panel and sound folders, the PSS-747.air file and the main section of the aircraft.cfg (everything after {fltsim.xxx}. Then I would just copy over the model and texture folders of all the repaints you want to install, rename them to somethin like 'texture.ual' and 'model.ual' and create another entry in the aircraft.cfg for that livery thus:{fltsim.1}title=Boeing 777-200ER MR United Airlinessim=PSS-777model=ualpanel=sound=texture=ualui_manufacturer=MelJetui_type=Boeing 777-200ERui_variation=United Airlinesatc_id=N788UAatc_airline=Unitedatc_flight_number=777atc_heavy=1description=MelJet Boeing 777-200ER for FS2002nVersion 1.0, Release 1 (January 4, 2003)nnVisual model and FDE by Melvin Rafinhttp://www.meljet.comNote: 1. '{' and '}' are square brackets, for some reason the forum system does not allow you to display them (I think it may see them as html commands) 2. The number in {fltsim.x} has to be consecutive to your previous aircraft (it starts with 0)Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg