Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard

Merge the PSS and Meljet 777 here...

I've made a backup copy of my PSS aircraft.cfg, and my PSS/Meljet merge aircraft.cfg is in my PSS-777 folder, along with the folders for Meljet's model and textures. I've removed the PSS model and texture folders as I won't be using them any more.

Thanks I didn't notice that! It looks like the PSS loadedit gets a bit confused with its zeros. I remember once seeing the empty weight with half a dozen zeros added to it. That's a pretty fat 777 ;)As for following the ILS, I think Johan Dees stated it's all because of the way MS implemented autopilots in FS2002. Apparently they took a step backward from FS2000. The poor glideslope capture in the PSS 777 and 747 isn't really an issue for me. After a long flight with LNAV and VNAV engaged I always like to hand fly the approach. To Johan's credit his 747 and 777 flight models handle beautifully when hand flying, especially when landing - they seem to have just the right "heavy" feel to them.

>Thanks Nick. :-) >>Staffan Thank *YOU* - I'm STILL flying your great DC-10 panel with the FFG DC-10s :-)

Guest Martin

It did correctly follow the G/S with no changes done to the new flaps sections, but with the ridiculous nose attitude of course. I am just wondering if there is a way to have both realistic attitudes and G/S following.Generally I'm also comfortable with flying the approach manually, but yesterday I was testing the 777 in the Seattle area, and (almost needless to say) the visibility was so bad most of the time that I couldn't land at Boeing Field but had to do an autoland at KSEA. In situations like that it's important to have a reliable A/P APP mode. Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Hi NickYour merge seems to work well, with load editor and everything!I've just two observations;- the nose gear sinks somewhat into the runway. Not much tough. Can you see the same?- The spoilers do not move to support the aileronsDo you have any idea how to solve these two errors?Thanks for your efforts!Markus

Markus Burkhard

I just double checked and my nosegear isn't sinking into the runway, it seems to sit fine. Have you copied the Meljet contact points correctly?You're right about the wing spoilers, they don't seem to animate as spoilerons (although they still animate together as spoilers). I'm guessing this animation is part of the Meljet FDE. The spoilerons would only be used at low speeds to augment the ailerons, so this isn't a show stopper by any means.Martin,Melvin must have done something different with his FDE to make it follow the glideslope correctly. I don't think we are going to convince Johan Dees to overhaul his FDE so it follows the glideslope correctly :(Basically we have a choice:Use the Meljet FDE and get good glideslope capture, along with animated spoilerons......or use the PSS FDE and get proper VNAV performance, correct FMC fuel predictions and correct flap position indications with the PSS panel.

Guest Martin

>Melvin must have done something different with his FDE to >make it follow the glideslope correctly. I don't think we >are going to convince Johan Dees to overhaul his FDE so it >follows the glideslope correctly :( Actually the glideslope was followed with the PSS FDE, but with unaltered new flaps sections from the Meljet aircraft.cfg. Changing the flap scalars to zero corrected the attitudes but removed the ability to follow the G/S.Anyway, it's only a show stopper in CAT III conditions. :-)Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

bump to encourage thinking, experimenting, testing, and perfecting.

>Actually the glideslope was followed with the PSS >FDE, but with unaltered new flaps sections >from the Meljet aircraft.cfg. Changing the flap scalars to >zero corrected the attitudes but removed the ability to >follow the G/S. Now that is very interesting! Perhaps someone with more experience of FDEs could comment on this?

Guest Howard

I'm no expert on FDE's but for the record I have tried a couple of other things. To get the spoilerons to work they need to be activated in the aircraft configuration file. Unfortunately this causes the speed brake alarms to occur when the left aileron is raised. maybe further experimentation will with the spoileron values will stop the alarms.There was a patch to fix the alarms on the Meljet forum but the patch seems to have various other adverse effects on the panel as well.Howard

Well, so far this mod seems to be working fairly well and I can even get it to follow the GS down to the runway using autoland if I intercept the GS at about 4000 ft AGL. There is just one issue that I need help with: the reverse thrust and autobrakes are very weak. Any suggestions?TIA,Jeff

Im traveling at the moment but am very interested in this. Could somebody email me a corrected aircraft.cfg? Would be most helpful.Thanks very much.eric Joinerejoiner2@bellsouth.net

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg