Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob

Wheels on fire at heathrow!

Guest Mark Hazeldine

I was just listening to 118.7MHz on my air-band radio from my home, a few miles south of Heathrow when i heard the tower controller issue two go-arounds for planes on approach to 09L at about 4.15pm (GMT).I then heard her speak to a plane (i don't know what) on the runway saying to take the next exit on the right and "there's a lot of fire and smoke around your wheels, the emergency services are on their way".09L was then closed and the next BA A320 on final was asked if it could accept a visual approach to 09R (which it it did). All following planes started landing on 09R and once the smoking plane was allocated a stand and moved, 09L was opened for take-offs.At this point the controller said quite loudly and urgently "Phoenix!" and then again about 20 seconds later.Anyone know what this is?

Guest Rob

Phoenix - the bird that rose from the flames. :)