Sign in to follow this  

AFCAD/TTOOLS/GA_MAKER Questions

I'm trying to add AI traffic to some airports. Everything worked as expected for Merrill (Anchorage, AK). Had a great ATC experience flying out of Anchorage over to McGrath. So next I tried to create some AI traffic for McGrath. No joy, so far. McGrath lacks a tower, as do most of the locations picked for flightplans with GA_Maker. So I added tower frequencies for McGrath and some other locations with AFCAD. But when I start back up at McGrath, I have no AI traffic, nor is the tower frequency available in the ATC window. Am I missing something? If so, what? TIA.-Basil

Im having the same problem here only my GA maker will not recognize any GA airport I put a tower at. Also Im using AFCAD to give these airports a tower but dont see any option for the frequency when Im on the airport in FS. This leads me to believe the AFCAD tower is not getting placed like i think. I have read and am using AFCAD like the instructions say to add a tower and just a few parking spaces. So far I have not been able to open ANY airport in GA maker without the tower. So Im kind of stuck, Any help would be appreciated.Hornit

I've see your other thread, where it appears that your problem has something to do with the use of three letter airport codes. I haven't tried that...yet. I still cannot get AI traffic at PAMC (McGrath, AK), despite having created the tower frequency with AFCAD. However, I'm getting a error when the scenery loads in the vincinity of PAMC, so maybe my problem is related to that. I'm going to try a different airport this morning. Probaly a PAxx to begin with. If that works, I'll try a three letter airport and see what happens. I'll keep you posted, here or in the other thread.-Basil

I've figured out what my particular problem was. GA_Maker creates some pretty complex flight plans, e.g. not with just a single starting departure and arrival point. While I had made sure that several of the airports it used had tower frequencies with AFCAD, when I looked a little more closely at the flight plans, every single one of them had at least one airport that did NOT have a tower frequency. Therefore, I had no AI traffic.I do not want to turn every single bush strip in central Alaska into a controlled airport. So what I am doing is manually editing the flight plans, making sure they only use airports that I want them to use (which of course will have tower frequencies). I think this is going to work ok.-Basil

What is GA Maker? I haven't heard of it, but it sounds interesting...

Well, it so happens that there's a new version among the latest downloads listed on the main page here at avsim (under FS2002 Utilities). There are two version -- the full version, and a "lite" version. The full version has additional aircraft models. The "lite" version uses just the standard FS2002 aircraft.Oh, what is it? A utility for creating AI traffic using general aviation aircraft. Most of the ai traffic tools focus on the commercial airlines. This is a nice tool for creating general aviation ai traffic for smaller airports.Direct links to the file library entries:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002utilhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002util-Basil

Thanks for that - this must have slipped under the radar somehow! I will have to try it - GA is my thing.Edit:Just noticed that it was uploaded on 6th Jan - might explain why I hadn't come across it before ;)