Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdfw

VMAX 747 worth purchasing??

Guest gooper

HI all I just want some opinions from thpose of u who have purchased the 747 from VMAX. how doesit fly? how readable are the gauges (they look not as sharp as some of the other panels out there)? all comments welcome.

Hi,IMHO, It is worth each and every cent!It is even more complex than PIC B767, if you think about aircraft systems. But it does not have any system failure option.The aircraft is the best B742 available, but the VC could be a bit more worked on if you ask me. ;-)So if you are not a sim beginner, and have been flying with simulators for a while, ....get this juwel immediately !! Because as I said,..it is a very complex package, with a rather steep learning curve.Fly safe, :-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSA

Staffan

Guest kdfw

Hi,I agree, it's a very good airplane pkg. Not yet sure if it's good as 767PIC in terms of system modeling (interrelationship of switches), but it's very good.VC does need a little work, hopefully they can also offer us a VC lite (do away with the neat but frame rate wasting virtual cabin and wing views). I don't think the FS community would give up frame rates for non-flight operation related eye candies. If you enjoy learning about complex aircraft systems and wondered how a 742 is piloted, this would be the package to get.By the way, the support for this product is 1st rate.Thanks,Pat

How is the flight model? Looks like a great package. I will probably pick it up tomorrow. Do you get the key right away when you download it or do you have to wait? Thanks

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

There is no key system for the download package, there ARE failures built in, and I have to agree, the support is first rate... : )Brian

What I mean is when I purchase it, do I get the product right away, or is there a wait for the developer to e-mail? And can anyone comment on the flight model? Does it "hit the numbers"? And how does it feel? I'm really interested in this product but it seems no one is talking about it too much? Maybe with the way things have been going around here lately that is a good thing? ;)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

"....I don't think the FS community would give up frame rates for non-flight operation related eye candies....."There are many members of the community, from many walks of life. Some would give up fps for what you call "non-flight operation related eye candies". But I agree....it is not a huge effort to release two model files--one with the v/c parts and one without. I love wing views for those odd times in the pax seat, but I am not as enamored of virtual cabins--they are the real frame rate killers. Seldom are they done to a detail that looks realistic--Yannick's Robin, a GA aircraft, is among the first I've seen with a true photoreal virtual cabin. I'd say leave these for GA aircraft. Include wing views on commercial A/C and V/C's, but offer a choice for pilots and systems where flight fidelity is most important.

Personally think that idea has merit and will pass it on.Best RegardsEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Guest kdfw

>"....I don't think the FS community would give up frame >rates for non-flight operation related eye candies....." Not intending to be presumptuous, but since many people worry about frame rates (or rather "smoothness"), I made this comment...As for the VCs, maybe I wasn't clear: I love the VC (cockpit) view but don't care for the cabin and wings views since the latter items consume more system resources. It would be great to have the option to select from 2 models, as you say, one with the VC (cockpit) ONLY and the other one with all the eye candy one can afford to have on their system. Thanks,Pat