Guest SuperFortress

I'm using them right now. Great drivers and smooth performance but now I seem to have one problem. Whenever I'm using FSAA, the external textures of my aircraft as well as the virtual cockpit are missing. Anyone have any fixes? Thanks.

Guest Moviedirector20

Why are you using FSAA? Thats known to be a huge FPS killer, set AA in the GX card manager.

Guest SuperFortress

>Why are you using FSAA? Thats known to be a huge FPS killer,>set AA in the GX card manager.I'm sorry. Let me clarify. I am using hardware anti-aliasing on my ATI 9800 Pro via the Omega 5.6 driver settings. I have AA disabled inside FS9 however.

Interesting... what AA settings are you using? 4x, 6x?

Guest SuperFortress

>Interesting... what AA settings are you using? 4x, 6x? The problem occurs with 2x, 4x, and 6x.

Sorry to hear that it is giving you problems! Did you follow the steps to uninstall and use the driver cleaner program? Anyway I tried it and on my X850XT it works FANTASTIC! These drivers are much better and more smooth. SWEET!!

Well, I tried them on my lowly ati-9000.They cut my frame rate in half so went back to the 5.4 omegas.Those work best for my card so far

Guest Moviedirector20

I put it on but didnt notice that much difference....

Guest SuperFortress

>Sorry to hear that it is giving you problems! Did you follow>the steps to uninstall and use the driver cleaner program?>Anyway I tried it and on my X850XT it works FANTASTIC! These>drivers are much better and more smooth. SWEET!!Yup looks like the driver cleaner solved that problem. It seems that I still had Radlinker somewhere from the previous Omega release and I know that the Omega 5.6 drivers no longer have Radlinker. Thank you.

My frames are lower too, but I do see more smooth performance and a sharper image with less wavy lines.