Sign in to follow this  

FS2000 out of the window view

Hi all: Is it possible to get an out ot the window view from the cockpit that does not include the window framing? (side views and front) As in just the out the window graphics without the virtual cockpit? Any help would be greatly appreciated. suprcoup93 supercoup@msn.com

The W key will get rid of the 2D window framing. Hit it twice to get rid of the mini instruments.You can also use shift enter to move the virtual panel out of the way. And shift backspace to bring it back.L.Adamson

If you go into the FS2002 cfg file and locate "see self=1" and change it to =0", that'll get rid of the virtual cockpit in 2d mode. The VC will still be there in virtual cockpit mode. I changed this a long time ago so I could use the 2d wrap around views without those VC views interfering and still have the VC with the views in VC mode.

I'm going to assume you did a typo and you're asking this question for FS2002 and not FS2000... Here is the best solution to remove the virtual cockpit side views. The W key thing will not work, if you're in the 2D panel and you use the hat to pan left right etc....DO NOT do this change ---->go into the FS2002 cfg file and locate "see self=1" and change it to =0"If you do that, you'll lose ALL landing / taxi lights in ALL aircraft.If losing the landing / taxi lighting is ok with you, then this procedure works.I find this the best solution:Note: you cannot remove the VC as it is built into the model, but I prefer to use 2d realistic side views, or no views and here is how I do it.If you're going to use 2D realistic side views, then add the necessary entries into the panel.cfg file etc.Solutions # 1:After the 2D side views have been added or if you don't want 2D side views, load up FS2002 with the aircraft you're going to remove/reposition the VC / side views. Once the aircraft is loaded, switch to the virtual cockpit, and press "Shift + enter" until the VC slips completely below you. Pan left or right to make sure the VC is entirely gone. That's it, you're finished. Now when looking out the side views while in the 2D panel, you'll have just you're 2D side views. Of course, if you didn't add any 2D side views, you'll have wide a open view. Downside to this, after FS2002 is restarted, you'll have to do the same thing again. If you use this method, if you press "Shift + backspace", you can move the VC back into position.Solution #2: (more permanent)This takes a bit of time to adjust, but works great. If you do this change, your view will be clear every time you start FS2002.Open up your aircraft.cfg file and look for this section:(Views)/eyepoint=28.8,-2.2, 3.2eyepoint=35.0,0.0, 3.2If this section is not there then add it, starting with all zeros.In this example, I commented out the original eye point view with a /.What you have to do is increase or decrease the first number until the virtual cockpit is adjusted behind your viewpoint, when sitting in the virtual cockpit. I move the cockpit back just far enough so my 2D side views are clear when looking through them. For most models, increasing the first number does the trick.The first number moves the VC forwards or backwards.The second number moves the VC left or right of center.The third number moves the VC up or down.If moving the VC back does not work, you can always move it down. I just prefer moving it back..Their is one thing you have to watch out when doing this adjustment however. If your aircraft has landing/taxi lights that can be observed while in the 2D cockpit, if you move the VC to far back, you will not see the lights at night... Just bewareHope this helps

What I do is go into the panel.cfg of the plane I want to edit and put "//" in front of the fixed window views. Here's an example//Fixed Window30=Forward Right//Fixed Window31=Right//Fixed Window32=Rear Right//Fixed Window33=Rear//Fixed Window44=Rear Left//Fixed Window45=Left//Fixed Window46=Forward Left//Fixed Window47=UpWorks for me, I get clear views out the sides, helps on my low end machine.CheersArnold