Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Deleting aircraft from FS menu?

Hi,I have alot of PAI aircraft which I use for AI I was just wondering is there a way of deleting them from the FS aircraft selection menu. Beceuse I never actually fly these aircraft much like the MD-80 in FS2002 is not on the menu but still flies as AI traffic.Thanks

Guest eko

You need an .AIR file editor. AirEd is the easiest to use. When you open up the .AIR file with AirEd, you need to change the aircraft type from "0" to "2". This will flag it as an AI plane, and it will not show up in your aircraft list.

jerrycwo4Where do you get this "AIRED" program? That sounds like a good idea.jerry

Guest Bill Kunert

I created a folder called aircraft1 and just drug all the aircraft I seldom fly into that folder. If I want to fly them againg I just drag them back in to aircraft folder.Bill

But if you do that they won't fly as AI, they have to be in the aircraft folder to be used as AI.If you just want to take some planes out of the aircraft folder like you said, there is a great utility called ACMAN by Martin Wright, with a click you can move any or all your aircraft into another hanger (folder) all at once and you can create different hangers for each type and organize them this way. I have 769 aircraft with 8 hangers on my HD and this tool is a must have for me. Hey Jorge, do you know if it still affects the load time even if there are tagged as AI only? Just curious since I haven't tagged mine yet. Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest eko

Tagging an aircraft as "AI" makes them "invisible" to the game as far as your user interface, thus, I would assume that if you have a gazzillion aircraft in your menu, and you remove most of them because they are no longer "seen" by the game as something flyable, it would speed up loading.Don't quote me on that though... I'm not sure how FS loads aircraft lists. I don't know if aircraft you can fly and AI aircraft are loaded by the same procedures. I would think not... but I don't really know.PSAirEd:http://members.dsl-only.net/~eagle/From Google:"Searched English and Spanish pages for AirEd Download. Results 1 - 50 of about 73,600. Search took 0.08 seconds"The link above was the very top hit in my list. Learn to Google! Love to Google! Live to Google! :-)

Beno:Another option is to list them all under one heading. You can do this my editing the ui_manufacturer line in the AI aircraft.cfg file to read AI_Plane or AI_Aircraft, like in the example below:[fltsim.0]title=PAI A300 OALsim=a320200model=panel=sound=texture=OALkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=OLYMPICatc_flight_number=ui_manufacturer=AI_Plane <~~~CHANGE THIS LINE ui_type=A300ui_variation=Olympicdescription=Project AI A300 only for AI use!atc_heavy=0This way all you have is one entry on the FS 2K2 aircraft menu, under which you will find all of the planes listed. I like to be able to see what I have without having to use explorer and open the various directories. Its also a nice way to double check wether your installations are done correctly because planes that you don't see in the aircraft menu are not installed properly, and are missing a file or the correct text entry in the aircraft.cfg.Just My Two Cents,Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hi,Thanks for all your replies I found a easy way to get them out of the FS menu simply delete the following lines:ui_manufacturer=ui_type=ui_variation=It worked for me the aircraft are out of the FS menu but still apear as normal AI aircraft.Thanks

I would think that if you do that they simply all appear under "Unspecified" in the menu rather than being completely eliminated from the menu. I think you will have to use aired to really get rid of them and speed up loading time. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while as I have over 1,000 AI aircraft. :-lolMisha

Good god Misha, I thought 300 AI planes was a lot. Are your frame rates decent? Post a pick sometime of a busy international hub so we can see the lovely liveries on the tails.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.