Sign in to follow this  
ABE

OUT of MEMORY!!!! Huh

I run FS9, FSnavigator, and MapPoint all at the same time. I have my frame rate fixed at 39.........it stays there practically all the time except extreme situations. I run smooth for most of the time, but once in a while, I get the message:"Out of Memory" and FS9 freezes.My system:Pentium 4 - 3.8ghz2 gigs of memory ramATI Radeon X850 XTWith Hyper threading, the affinity has CPU0 and CPU1 checked off.Would unchecking one of the 2 make any difference?Anything I can do with hyperthreading that might help?Thanks.Abe

Hello,Did you install new LandClass.bgl files?This often the case when these LandClass.bgl files are in a scenery folder associated to a texture folder;FS9 search and search for not a non available texture .LandClass.bgl MUST be in a scenery folder WITHOUT a texture folder associated.Hope it helps

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Thanks Emile.No landclass.bgl files.Like I mentioned above. Initially everything is running fine. But somewhere along the line, with no specific reason, I get the error of "No Memory". Kinda frustrating!!Abe

Hi Abe,Like Emile said, a landclass file might be the problem without you realising it. I had the same problem. When I let FlightSim Manager (freeware, look in the Avsim library) search for landclass files, it found a scenery which contained two landclass bgl files in it's scenery folder. Once FSM had moved them to a dedicated landclass scenery folder (without texture folder) the problem went away.Paul

Thanks Paul.I tried Flightsim Mgr. Could not locate any landclass files. Must be something else. I'll try again.Abe

Guest firehawk44

I have a similar system and had the same message once while flight simming. Believe it was a bad install of the ATI drivers that caused it and a reinstall fixed it OR my page file wasn't set to "let the system handle it" and I somehow had set up my own page file size. I can't remember but believe either one of these solutions will fix your problem.Jim

Abe,Do you by chance have Roads and Rivers of Europe (Just Flight) or All Roads of Europe (FSQuality) installed? Both packages are identical. It seems they contain a landclass file which is not recognised as such by FS Manager. It's called europe.bgl. It should be moved to a separate scenery folder (without a texture folder) and then declared in FS, or to scenery/BASE/scenery.Paul

Thanks guys for the help.I do not have Roads and Rivers of Europe nor All Roads of Europe.By the way I've been simming with the same scenario again, and lucky me no more OUT of memory messages. Hopefully, it was a temporary glitch.I got another question regarding LANDCLASS.If I have a landclass BGL but I fly NOwhere near it. Would that still cause a crash?Thanks.Abe

Guest firehawk44

Abe,I did a search here on AVSIM using "landclass bgl" as the search term. I think the answer to all your questions concerning landclass and memory was this link recommended by Greg (SoarPics):http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...e=search#198513You may have problems if you have a texture folder associated with a landclass .bgl.Jim