Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbarruezo

FSMadrid Barajas 2002 scenery

SWEET![/font size]I didn't know that there was an update, Praise the lord! LOLoff to find it! Thanks!Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest calnaction

Don't forget everyone, this is a scenery which uses the Lemd2k file as a base, so based on how difficult it might seem for some people, it probably would havve taken a while to convert it all to gmax or FSDS2. Oh, and thanks for the working link Peter! I'm off to try it all now.-Cal

Using GMax is not an assurance for good frames. It is true that sceneries created with GMax give better framerates in general, but this is because they use the new floating point commands of Fs2002. The latest version of FSDS and NOVA also support (or will support) this features. So it is not true to say that you must use GMax to get good scenery.If you take a look at the code that GMax makes you can also create the same code with SCASM. As long as you think about the frame while designing (keeping models simple etc) you can create good scenery with any method (and even with GMax you can make frame killers).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi,I have found a couple of strange things happening after installing the scenery.Firstly the ground textures on the aircraft stands flash constantly whilst taxiing. (No other scenery has ever produced this effect)Secondly after installing the AFCAD file supplied, my aircraft appears to float above the surface of the tarmac!!It does appear that the airport elevation is wrong.Is anyone else experiencing these problems...?ThanksDK

Hola !With my steam driven Win2k (SR3) 800 machine, Gforce 2 and 700 mbRAM, I managed to achieve frames of 12+ with everything maxed (but cached) clouds, wind and AI at 80%.The only thing I did as I do with all my scenery collections is remove statics. Anybody who knows the real Madrid airport will appreciate this outstanding piece of software coupled with the Spain mesh series. AdiosGeorge

I must admit I like this scenery.....I have removed the statics and the main problem with frames is the amount of ai I have! LOL But I do have the same problem as the guy above 'I have found a couple of strange things happening after installing the scenery.Firstly the ground textures on the aircraft stands flash constantly whilst taxiing'.....anyone else? http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e1963ea72769e54.jpg

To those having 'flashing' ground textures search the library here for 'aprnfix9.zip'In the 'readme' should be a way to contact the author Page Cline.If you let him know about the flashing textures he may add the fix to his next version of apron fix.HTH

Guest calnaction

I was working on an afcad a few months ago for the lemd2k scenery that had multiple layers for each terminal. It appears it works with this new scenery. I never completed the parking for Iberia's T3 as it took a while to name every taxiway correctly (something NOT done on this latest afcad file) and I also wasn't sure of some the gate names. If people have enough interest in a set of overlays, or even one general overlay, I think I might be able to make one fairly quickly. The afcads would include all the parking spots for the scenery as well. Just to let you all know if you're interested! :-)-Cal

I contacted the author yesterday. He is aware of this problem and told me the version currently available is NOT the final version. Final version should be available soon and will fix the flashing texture problem.As for framerate, they are of course not at the top, but I get around 10 fps with Cessna 172 (XP1700+/512MB DDR/GeForce 3Ti/WinXP) with all sliders maxed (except autogen off) and some clouds.Clouds are really killing framerate. Over Paris, I usually get 20-25 fps with a blue sky, but I crawl down to 3-4 fps when using real weather and having a loaded stormy sky. Always remove all weather when testing frame rate.Eric.

Hey Cal!Get that general AFCAD going man! We need it!Thanks a bunch!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Eric,>Over Paris, I usually get 20-25 fps with a blue sky, but I crawl down to 3-4 fps when using real weather

It is true that over Paris, frame rate are worse than anywhere else in France. It may be because there are so many airports in such a small area, and AI will generate a quantity of traffic depending on the number of airports around in a 40 NM radius.So, you may be right. Maybe the clouds are not the only culprits. I have AI traffic set at 100% and the radio is almost always busy when arriving above the region (it even makes it difficult to only respond to ATC). I will try with no AI this evening and see what difference.Eric.

Guest jbarruezo

Hello all.First, thanks a lot for yuor's words about the scenery.Yes, it has some problems: flickering textures and poor frame rates.As Eric stated, this is a intermediate version of Barajas. We (David and me) plan to change a lot of things, including all the apron marks (indeed it will be a new apron! -some pictures are at the botton), fingers, docking aids, taxi lights, runways, and of course, frame rates.Yes, we used old tools to make the scenery, mainly NOVA and EOD, but I'm unable to make the simplest shape with GMAX. I'm not very sure if the GMAX sceneries are so frame rate friendly as it appears, but, at least for me, there no discussion because I'll don't use GMAX in the future, althought one of my ideas was add rfelctions on the buildings...We'll provide a fix to the flickering textures as soon as possible.Again thanks.Regards,Jose M. BarruezoSpainhttp://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/as...ot/logosoc4.jpg

Hola Jose,Perhaps somebody with FSDS 2 will make a macro for you to try ? (reflective textures).In the mean while, thanks to you and David for your great efforts in recreating a great airport I've visited for real many times. Good luck with your future versions.RespectosGeorge