Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Opinions on Frankfurt and Amsterdam Airport scenery

Hello IM thinking about purchasing Frankfurt EDDF and Amsterdam EHAM airport sceneries.Frankfurt for example is made by Simflyers and also the German airports version.I know that Amsterdam has a version by lago and a version that comes with Netherlands 2000 and that one is free.Which ones do you use or what ones do you think are best?ThanksCraig Kiltie

Depends on where you're planning on flying into more.If I had to pick, I'd select EDDF. It has the docking system for one, it's well detailed and good value for money.There is nothing wrong with the Lago offering either.The beauty of it is you can download both and run the demo. Do that, see what you like best :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Hi,I cannot tell anything about EHAM but have both EDDF's.-GA2:It's a classic with some recent updates. Looks good as ever, though in the Term2 area (apron), there is quite some stuff missing compared to "real-world". I guess the designers wanted to keep framerates reasonable and therefore left out some (theythought) minor stuff. Remember, the GA series is derived from FS98 origins and the hardware then had much less horsepower. Comes with a few statics aircraft that must be removed to use AI to the max. AFCAD files with and without overlays available at major sites.Main Drawback: IMHO less detailed due to age - but You won't miss anything if just come here from time to time.Advantage(s): (On my machine) more framerate-friendly. Updates from previous version (FS2K) available.-SimF:A rather newcomer, it's the more detailed scenery. Gives a better feel, maybe also due to different texturing. Everything's there (except the "regional" parking spaces near T2, but they are also missing in GA2). Reasonable download, optional high-density static aircraft pack available (uses same serial). Also included AFD so that departing traffic uses one, incoming the other parallel runway. Included: "Service armada" built-in frequency-controlled scenery for simulated aircraft turnaround.Main Drawback: Lower framerates on my machine.Main Advantage: More detail & better "feel".Btw: My machine is a Athlon XP1800, 512 RAM, GF4MX440 and my GA scenery is not the newest build since I don't like Aerosofts pricing for the updates. But that's just my personal opinion.ReadUTorstenEdit (addendum): There's also an EHAM in Eurowings professional...(payware)

Can't say anything about Frankfurt, but I got an opinion on Schiphol (note I am the designer of the Netherlands 2000 Schiphol, so that has an influence on my opinion of course :)).When I compare the LAGO and NL2000 scenery, I think they offer about the same level of detail. Both contain (almost) all buildings on the airport and both have photoreal textures.LAGO might have the advantage that it has a bit more small detail (like bagage carts, etc) on the aprons, but we are working on a new version of EHAM now for version 3 of NL2000 and that will also contain more of such things.From the flying point of view, the NL2000 scenery has the advantage that is for example has the gate numbers on the gate and the apron. That's something we heard some pilots like about it.But for the rest it is more that some people like how LAGO looks and others like our version more. I would advise you just to test them both (LAGO has a demo if I remember correct) and see which you like most.Some users report that LAGO is faster on there machine, but I think they are both equally heavy (won't says ours isn't :)).The advantage of the NL2000 scenery is of course that it's free and we are working on a new version for Fs2002 at the moment. That will have the most important objects redesigned in GMax. That's of course something for the future :).I can only judge the version from Eurowings from screenshots and what I have heard from other people, but it seems to lack the accuracy and detail to look really like the real EHAM.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Panman

I have the recent German Airports Selection. The EDDF included in this package is well done IMO. Plus it includes runway 26L (yes 26L) HAL/DTOPS system.Best of all no noticeable hit on framerates. I have LAGO's EHAM and it's another excellent scenery that I would recommend.

For me I'll have EDDF Gap (I'll love the GAP series EDDK/EDDM are also great :-)) and LAGO EHAM with SP Europe and FSScene...Great sceneries with great frame rates and details....With FSLandclass SP Europe and FSScene you have a great combination...I'll don

André

HiThanks for your inputs so far everyone.As I read it its about 50/50 but I think I will save myself some money and wait for the Netherland 2000 v3 scenery, thanks for the info about that Arno and Eddf is still a difficult one.I do have all the simflyers scenery apart from Frankfurt so I might go with that one but seeing those german airport packs some of those are quite nice too so I think I'll have to keep sleeping on it.Once again thanksCraig Kiltie

Lago has indeed better performance (on my midrange machine around 10fps compared to 3 or so for NL2000).Lago is also thinking hard about either updating or redoing EHAM shortly to use the latest technology and include the new runway system.Other than that, I think the buildings in the Lago scenery look a bit better (especially sizing) but NL2000 has superior gates.