Sign in to follow this  
lifejogger

Textures stop loading

The last few times I have flown in FS9 I have lost all textures after about an hour of flying. It starts with flashing polygons and then the VC loses it textures and finally all the scenery textures are lost. When I exit FS9 and then start it backup and load a flight all the textures are still gone. When I shutdown the computer and then restart and start FS9 up and load a flight the textures are back (sounds like a possible memory problem?). All of this started happening when I installed new Omega drivers for my Radeon 9700 graphics card. Could this be the problem? I'm running a Dell computer, P4 2.5, 1G of ram and a 128m Radeon 9700. Below is a screen shot of my problem.Any suggestions?Johnhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131731.jpg

Well I guess sometimes it just helps talking to your self when trying to figure out a problem. I did some tests on my memory and determined that it was working okay.The next thing I did was to go to the Omega drives site and read the documentation about the Radeon in more detail and found the followingH- If you are using an Omega soft-mod and you are experiencing crashes, black screens, artifacts or the "check board effect" during game play, run the new included Driver Swapper utility and select the Normal driver, the reason is that your card is not accepting the soft-mod due to broken/incompatible hardware I had installed the soft-mod so I reinstalled the normal driver, loaded up FS9 and flew for about three hours with no texture problems at all. Hopefully all is well.JohnTextures are backhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131827.jpg