Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobA

GA Traffic Maker update 1.1.6. available.

Guest Capholland

GA Traffic Maker has now been updated to version 1.1.6. This version fixes a few bugs, and by default will only generate flight plans to towered airports. You can still generate flight plans to all the OTHER airports as well with the push of a button. The update has been uploaded to the major FS libraries, where it should be available shortly. It can also be downloaded from my website below. (Hit refresh if you don't see a January 7 entry.)- Caphollandhttp://caphollands.fsgateway.comhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Thanks for the update.... I just started looking / reading about this cool program and was about to give it a try...Thanks again for the great add-on..

Works good mate. I still had a problem though with local airport.Sanford Regional in Maine I did all the Adcad stuff and made made the Distance in GAbuilder go to 150 miles (pick up more of those Tower airstrips).GABuilder still added some airports that where not in the Airport.txt file. My understanding is that all the airports in the default airport.txt file are the ones with Towers. The others that are not listed dont.So basically I had to add about 10 airports to the airport.txt file to get Ttools to Compress the Fplans.txt back into Fsim.I basically figured it out. But I think it might confuse some people when they try to use ttools to compress their Fplans.txt and it dont work.Thanks for the program though Nice job. :)Of course Fsim might not actually use all the towered airports in there Flight plans, hence leaving some of them out. Which is what might of happened in my area.

Guest Capholland

Hi Malkuth. I think I've identified your problem. Before running GA Traffic Maker, you HAVE to run the CollectAirports.exe utility that comes with the latest TTools package. Apparently the TDecompile.exe program only extracts airports that are USED by installed flight plans. CollectAirports.exe extracts ALL airports in FS2002 and writes them to the Airports.txt file.So run CollectAirports.exe, and then try again. Let me know if it works.- Caphollandhttp://caphollands.fsgateway.comhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Limiting flight plans to airports with tower frequencies is a welcome feature. However, I'm concerned about how this has been implemented. I've skimmed through "GA_TOWER.TXT" and see numerous Alaskan airports (those with PAxx codes) that don't have towers, or at least not by default. (I've created tower frequencies for a few with AFCAD, but by no means all that you have listed in GA_TOWER.TXT.)So I have to wonder where you came up with this list? Am I missing something?-Basil

Capholland:Just wanted to say that your new Traffic Maker is great. I wanted to add a new GMAX aircraft to an airport, so I put that aircraft by itsef in a new GA_CRAFT.TXT using notepad and replaced it in the TTools folder. Traffic Maker created many flight plans for that aircraft to nearby airports with towers, which I then pasted in my flightplan text and compiled. Thanks again for this wonderful tool, it saved me a lot of time and effort, since I did it in less than ten minutes.

>This looks like a great tool but I'm a bit concerned. You >say to go in a erase all my traffic files. I spent alot of >time building my traffic. Do you mean I have to start over >agin because I used your GA tool? Sorry if I'm a bit >confused here. >Maybe "Capn" will check back in here before too much longer, but until then...I don't know how you've done your "traffic files." GA_Maker is the first utility I've used for creating AI traffic. But based on that experience, all traffic would seem to be in a "traffic.bgl" file. GA_Maker works with the TTOOLS package. I think TDecompile will decompile all your traffic to a "flightplans.txt" file. You then create new flight plans with GA_Maker, add them to the "flightplans.txt" file, and recompile the traffic.bgl file with TCompile. This would keep all the flightplans you previously had in traffic.bgl.Do you understand the process differently?-Basil

Guest RobA

Cap, Got your original program and waited to hear comments. ;-) Got the update and took the plunge. Read the manual with a fine tooth comb, twice! Edited the GA_aircraft.txt just a bit and chose TAPA for departure/ 150 mile option. Bingo! 13 airports found and 19 flight plans made. Now I have a ton of smaller TCA planes doing their routes in the Carib. :-) First addon GUI type of program I've ever used for AI. Until now I've always done it manually by editing everything by hand. Many thanks for a great little utility. :-beerchug Best regards,Rob