Sign in to follow this  
Guest beana51

THE NVIDIA 81.94 DRIVER

Guest beana51

I was hoping to read how it effects FS9. It supports the GF 6800GS x512 and the GF 6800GT. Improves performance ,etc, with the "Call Of Duty" game,they say. However I'm interested with FS9. Any comments? THANX VIN

ME TOO!I would like to try this driver with FS9....but as they say, "If it ain't broke.....". Please give feedback if you're using this new driver. Thanks

Guest beana51

Hi Stan,could not wait any longer.So, I installed it.For me it proved to be a framrate killer.It may be good for the GF7800,and the GF6800,but for my GF6600,there was a performance loss.Back to the 81.85 driver I went,and the difference was pronounced.I know that many variables are a factor.But for my card ,and my rig,the 81.85 is just fine.However, the graphics appeared the same,it was a loss of Framrates,which was the deciding factor. FS is always broke,and needs fixing all the time.If you don't try the new stuff,you'll never know. CHEERS! VIN!

Guest beana51

Hi Victor,I used those also. But in the evolution of these drivers,I try to stay with the latest ones.Often with progressively better results. To date,the 81.85 works best for me.Was disappointed with the new 81.94.Like I say you don't know till you try them, then chose what works for you.I feel theres always an advantage in trying. GOOD LUCK! VIN!

Hello,I use the XG 81.94 V2 with success.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

If you have a 6800 - I have a 6800XT PCIe, I use the XG Tweaks r us driver 84.20.v2 - they are the best for FS9 and FSX I've foundYou can check out their website: http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=...cman&Itemid=41/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest allcott

Commenting on a thread from November 2005? Is this a new record for making use of the search function?You are aware that there have been, like, 40 new drivers for Nvidia cards since then? Allcott

yeah I had my posts sorted in the wrong way - got that figured out last night...And yes, I use old drivers....they are far better than anything else that's come out (I'm still using a 6800)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |