Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

joystick problem

having some problems with my joystick. i got the logitech wingman extreme (USB). it works with the gameport but works best on the USB port. anyway im having trouble with the handeling. it doesnt seem to want to pull back/forward/left/right fully in FS. it does it alittle but not enough to take and enough to make very wide turn when it eventually gets airborn.tried with several models so i know its a stick problem. and i looked at the aeilerons (think i spelled it right..lol) and the rudders on all of them and all do the same. i tried putting it on max sensitivity and on pretty much all the null zones.any ideas? Ernesto AlvarezVisit my site for AFCAD Files! http://www.ealvarez.net

Ernesto,It's most likely not a Joystick problem, but a calibration problem.First, make sure that the joystick is properly calibrated under Windows (outside FS2K2). Which it probably isn't.That is: full swing of all the axis should correspond with a full range of the Windows axis indicators in the calibration menu.If it IS properly calibrated: Setting the Sensitivity to MAX for the axis doesn't help, since in FS2K2 Sensitivity for centered axis like elevator/ailerons/rudder doesnot influence the RANGE but the REACTION SPEED. (unless your fs2002.cfg file contains the line stick_sensitivity_mode=0).The best thing (and really only proper way of doing exact calibration):Download and install FSUIPC, and do the precise calibration with that.Rob

yeah its calibrated fine. i checked several times outside of FS and its doing it fine. so ill try FSUIPC and see if that helpsErnesto AlvarezVisit my site for AFCAD Files! http://www.ealvarez.net

woe. hey thanks man!. read the fsuipc manual and calibrated it through fsuipc. works 100% better now!. still cant turn that much even in a cessna its slow banking, but with alittle rudder input it helps :)now im gonna have to reinstall my virtual pilot pro which had the same problems. woohoo!