Sign in to follow this  
Ed

Too many drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and Gents,Under most circumstances I have been able to find my way around the computer and remedy most problems,I now have hit a brick wall.I can only hope someone out there has a solution.Here we go....I have a PFC Jetliner pedestal yoke and Cirrus pedals,(gameport) they worked fine until I recently moved all my FS files to another puter',now they only show a "not connected" error message.I have temporarily installed the Yoke and pedals to another computer with Win XP as the OS and all tested fine,so it has been ruled out that the controllers themselves are at fault.The jist of the problem lies with joystick drivers,for some unknown reason :-scatter I added most every driver CH products has onto windows,(the contollers are gameport and previously needed the CH Flightsick driver installed to work) I have Win XP Pro and NOW realize that XP comes with the necassary drivers to run most game controllers.Now here is my question....most of the drivers have uninstall programs,those I have uninstalled,but I still have a double fisted mess of them left in the game controllers applet in the contol panel.How do I rid the computer of these multiple listings of drivers?AMD Athlon 1800 1.5 GhzMSI K7T266 Pro2 mobo512Mb pc133ramGforce3 vcSoundblaster Audigy gamer sc3 HD's 20,30,60,@7200Win XP ProT.I.A. :-beerchugSimdawg KMFD

hisomething i did with similar problem recently was to run REGEDIT in the STARTRUN box and search registry for chproducts ..or anything connected to your current joysticks.and delete the entries..obviously this has to be done carefully or it could cause you a lot of problems,but it is only way of getting rid of all the conflicting drivers, apart from complete reinstall. take care steve

Thanks Steve,One of the first things I did was to look through the registry,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,Software,but I could only find one entry for CH products.anyone else, a little more in depth?Simdawg KMFD

Guest RonB49

Hi SimD,CH has a utility called chdelete, isn't this what it is for? I've never used it but, when I first got my pedals, I had some problems and found a program called clrctl.exe (that spelling may be wrong), ran it, and corrected all my problems. That was W98 and I don't know if it works with WinXP. Sorry but I don't remember where I DLed that utility from but someone on this forum told me about it; perhaps they recall where to find it. R-

Ron, Been through the entire CH site have'nt found a file with the name chdelete,but still appreciate any leads.Simdawg KMFD

Guest RonB49

You're right. It is called CHDlelte.exe and is included in the Control manager package. I do not know how to use it (or even if it will help you) but perhaps the CHCM User Guide will explain. R-

Hi, Saitek has a program called "removejoy.exe" on their website. If you can't find it, email me and I will send it to you. Only 29k in size.Ed