Sign in to follow this  

Looking for Warrior panel

I have just started flying a PA28-161 in real life and I have downloaded Precision Sim Designs' Warrior to fly in virtual life. I'm generally impressed - great looking model, flies pretty well etc. BUT the panel lacks any engine instruments! Something of a handicap. So...does anyone know of a decent PA28 panel I can use until PSD get around to fixing theirs?

Guest Twister

Hi Ratz,I guess that Dreamfleet's Archer panel should be quite close to what you're looking for.It's one of the best panels ever made for GA aircraft in FS2K2.Twister

Thanks for that. It didn't occur to me to look for a different plane! You're right - it does look pretty close to a warrior...I can't actually see a difference from the screenshots. I note they also have a manual flap sound - something else I've been looking for. It's quite annoying to set 25' of flaps and for the display in the cockpit to say 20' and to hear an electric motor whining away.Right, where did I hide my credit card? :)

I think the 'Dreamfleet Archer' is a really beautiful rendition of the sort of 'crusty late 70's Archer 11' that you'll find in real life.The panel looks so realistic and the sounds are wonderful. In fact I sometimes think it may 'conk out on me' when I pull the powerback on base leg, it chugs so wonderfully!Flies like it should as well, except perhaps a slight lack of realism when I lower flap, no tendency to drop a little.But then I've never flown the Archer 11 so I'm trying to compare it to other aircraft.Anybody who knows the real plane able to comment?Pity the 'carb heat' in FS2002 drops the power by as much as 400revs. I suppose there is no way of fixing this to a more realistic 100?

You shouldn't need carb heat in a archer or warrior, the green arc on the tach is like 500 rpm.

Guest Richard_H

Maybe it's the way you've said it - but you do need to use Carb heat in these planes... for real that is. I don't think 2K2 automatically simulates icing failures just yet, so there is no actual effect on the flight if carb heat is not used.

Guest eko

1. Go to the file library.2. Type "piper" as your search term3. Select "FS2002 Panels" as your category.4. Repeat again and select "FS2000 Panels" as your category.

Aaron Swindle has a Piper Dakota soundpack that I use with my Pipers. It's got a satisfying 'clunk' when using the flaps.

Guest Guruswarmyoz

>I've used Piper panels from this site in the past: >>http://www.fspanels.com/ Thanks for that site :), I too am after a panel that I could use for my own FSDS2 Warrior II particularly so as I can add a DVC to the model.