Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

Meljet 777 Panel install?????

HI,Am having problem getting the Panel properly installed.The overhead panel and the pedastal isn't showing up.Would one of you nice people mind giving me VERY SPECIFIC installinstructions.Obviously I do not have something in the right folder.Thank you very much and have a great day.Jim Alcorn

Guest groundpounder75

Which panel are you trying to install? The panel.cfg file is aliased to the default 777.

Thanks for replying.I'm installing the dnlded panel for that plane.Thanks again.Jim Alcorn

Guest eko

If you are talking about the "advanced 777 meljet panel", that is my upload... what exactly is the problem? I'll help in any way I can.

Thank you for replying.I unloaded / reinstalled it.Everything seems to be working ok now.It is just beautiful, in fact the plane is beautiful also. Thank you and all who were involved in this projectQuestion: There were a group of cabs in the unzipped directory. Were they also installed or do I need to install them indivually? Again, Thank you.Jim Alcorn

Hi again,According to the pics, I still do not have everything set up right.When I go to instrument panel I see:GlobalPanelpedastalOverheadradarcompassShouldn't there be an engine instrument panel also?Where do I install the switches etc. or are they already installed?This is the largest panel installation I have dealt with.Please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area.Ihe more I work with this panel the more enthused I am.Some hands on tutoring from you would be VERY APPRECIATED.Thank you again.SincerelyJim Alcorn

Jim,You will find the engine instruments by clicking on either one of the two MFD's on the main panel. See the switch that has ND, EICAS, and EICAS 2 on it? The engine instruments are on the EICAS screens. Primary and secondary(1 & 2).maxsdad

Thanks Richard, for replying.I clicked all over those screens and found nothing.YOU are appreciated by me for helping me to get this problem solved.Thanks again.Jim Alcorn

Guest eko

Hmmm... OK... let's see what I can say. :-)The 777 panel, although it uses the pedestal and overhead graphics of my 747 panel... they are slightly different.Let me answer what I can.You do NOT unzip the .CAB files. They just get placed in the FS2002/Gauges folder... which I believe is what you already did. They are XML gauges packaged in a CAB. NEVER unzip them. (Unless you want to modify them, or see the code/bitmaps.)Here is a summary of the popups you should have:GPS overlay on the 3rd MFD (the far right one)TCAS overlay on the 3rd MFD.Pedestal pop up.Overhead pop up.When you first start up the panel, the Pedestal, GPS and TCAS should be active, this was done to preserve the overlap order that I wanted.After you start the panel, click on the GPS simicon under the first MFD (the far left one). Click on the TCAS simicon under the first MFD. Click on the pedestal simicon under the first MFD (or, you can click on the invisible hotspot on the pedestal itself... it is located on the keypad underneath the fuel status gauge on the top right... your mouse pointer should change to a hand.)Your three screens should now be this in order from left to right. PFD (primary flight display), MFD One, MFD Two. The two MFD's have different screens that you can toggle with the circular toggle switch at the bottom... it will toggle between ROSE, EICAS and EICAS2. This should be familiar, as this is the default 777 gauge.You can now overlay the GPS and TCAS over the third MFD by clicking on the simicons under the PFD.To make the overhead appear, you can click on the simicon underneath the PFD, or click on the magnetic compass. (There is an invisible hotspot there which will toggle the overhead.) To close the overhead, you can click on the simicon under the PFD again, or on the "X" simicon on the top right corner of the overhead.As you can see, there is usually more than one way to toggle the overlaid panels. I like to use simicons and invisible hotspots, because I have found that folks like to access their extra pop-up panels in different ways. For example, I never use the simicon to make the overhead visible. I "reach up" for the overhead with my mouse on the screen, hence the invisible hotspot over the magnetic compass. I "reach down" to the far bottom right corner to "pull up" the pedestal and sure enough, there is an invisible hotspot there as well for the pedestal.The pedestal contains your throttles, TOGA button, fuel cutoff switches, radios, trim, flap, spoilers, ATC clickable control, and fuel status gauge.The overhead contains all your system switches. Starters, battery, generators, engine starters, fire control, apu, smoke system, seatbelts/smoking/ lights, parking break, etc. etc. etc. On the overhead, you also have the three switches which control the exits, engine maintenance mode, and wing folding. (Right side of the overhead.) All the switches have tooltips, so simply place your mouse over the switch in question to see an explanation.Ok... I'm going to stop now to let you digest. I think this should give you a pretty good overview. If you have any more questions, fire away! I'll do my best to answer. Once you get the hang of it, it's NOT that complicated of a panel... it's fairly intuitive... just has lots of switches and features.

Hi EKO,You are great. Thank you.I feel more comfortable now.I will let you know your results.Thanks again.Jim Alcorn

Guest racartron

EKO, Similar question on your awesome 777 panel. Just installed the MelJet 777 Iberia repaint and noticed your panel was preinstalled. It contains interior cockpit views that the stand alone panel doesn't have. However, I can't get them to show up in the 2D mode. I don't know enough to tell if the panel.cfg is calling them out properly or not. Any suggestions? These additoinal views would really make the flying experience perfect!Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.