Sign in to follow this  

flight 1's dc-9-30 any good?

im thinkin' if gettin' this a/c. i have purchased the cs b732 and kinda waiting until things get fixed. is the dc9 bug free? or at least very flyable? and how easy is it to learn? the manuals seem very goodany comments would be great.i have heard that the vc doesnt have working engine instruments?? is this truethanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

I for one am very happy with the dc-9. It has had 2 patches already which to my knowledge have fixed all of the problems. It is a nice refreshing change to fly a plane manually. The flight1 dc-9 is meant to be flown manually below 10,000 feet. I am no pilot but the flight model feels smooth and it easy to fly. It is stable and predictible though all stages of flight. I can't comment much on the vc as I really haven't used it much. I really only use virtual cockpits in smaller GA aircraft. The manual is very good and this isn't a very complicated plane to fly. Obvioulsy with no FMC there is a lot less to learn. I am no expert on all the cockpit switches and such, but they provided a "quick-and-dirty" startup guide which is 7 pages and I was able to manually start the plane the first try. Check their support forum at flight1.com for info on that.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

MY $.02:Absolutely get the IK DC-9 ... certainly a very well done and well supported addon.If you want to learn how to fly a commercial jet, like in the late 60's ... this is it (and of course you already have the Cs-727). Can't speak to the VC, since I'm not really interested .. but the aircraft models many systems very accurately.Fun to learn, excellent documentation, a MUST HAVE addition.Check out the Ready for Pushback 747-200 if you like older aircraft, it is equally as awesome. http://www.panelshop.com/index.html

Guest kdfw

Hi,Presently, the engine gauges in VC are not animated. Pat

Hello all,A couple questions. If you order the DC-9 now does it come already patched?There are still DC-9s flying, correct? If they're still around has the cockpit been updated or is it still pretty much like the Flight1 DC-9?

I just bought it and am ploughing through the manual. Most DC-9s still flying are very similar. Not a lot have been updated with FMCs. The plane looks terrific and comes with nice touches like expandable primary instruments for landing and take-off and lots of windows that can be moved to secondary monitors. Judging by its fidelity to the real thing, it looks like a steal at $24.00.

Guest imemyself

Which is better the CS 727 or this? I'm most likely going to get both but this might determine which one I get first.

It has had 2 patches alreadyWhere'd you find those? I've seen nothing on their upgrade/support site. Thanks

I would for sure get the DC-9 first. It is a great airplane and sure flies alot better than the CS 727.

The latest patch is available here:http://www.simforums.com/forums/display_fo...s.asp?ForumID=2Just look for the sticky threat at the top called Release Candidate 2. The patch is also present in the latest version of the aircraft, so you can just reinstall it clean if you want. Also check the main forums for all kinds of dc-9 info from speed charts to a quick and dirty startup guide:http://www.simforums.com/forums/default.asp

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

A follow up to my past post. I have now managed to a) start the thing up from cold and dark, and :( flown it around the patch a few times, and I am very, very impressed. The plane is steady as rock and flies like a dream. Precision flying is possible using the expanded main instruments and the plane responds very well to inputs. The fidelity of the systems is top notch. F1 has included a number of real world resources, including check lists, thrust tables, landing and take-off profiles etc, which makes this entire exercise in imersion very realistic and a lot of fun. Warning - you are going to want to draft someone to be your co-pilot. This plane was meant to be a two-man plane, and boy, you will be wishing you had a right seater. Monitoring pressure, electrical systems, heating and cooling, at the same time flying at 9 degrees nose up at your maximum cruise EPR and following the ATC suggestions will quickly make you wish for an assistant. Very good fun. Again, a steal at $24.00.