I'm planning on getting either 2X17' or a 19'LCD. However the prices of CRT's have come down a lot. Perhaps someone can answer some questions I have.Q1) Do LCD and CRT offer the same image quality?Q2) What is the minimum spec of LCD that I should look at for using with FS; and in particular how important is the display response and what speeds should I be looking at (e.g. below 12ms)?Q3) Are any particular makes better than others (in the UK)?Q4) Where is a good place to get good prices on LCD's and CRT's in the UK?

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Q1) I would say no but the difference is not that big you will have anything to complain about. I find CRT giving better image quality with better contrast, darkness levels, colours and of course no response time to talk about. However a good LCD get really close so it

I'd like some numbers to think about.Q5) For LCD's, what are the minumum values of the following should I be looing for:- Contrast ratio (I assume that a higher ratio is better).- Reponse time.

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

Come on people there must be someone out there with experience of shopping for LCD's!

Regards, Django EGLL.

Django,I am in the same boat as you. I am looking for an lcd for my gamming and here is what I have came across so far. Responce time is important and from what I seen through reviews and testing 12ms or better seems to be what everyone is aimming for. However this is mostly to games that have alot of speed, first person shooters, racing games, sports etc. When it comes to Flight sims however we tend to move really slow compared to a racing game so in that sense responce time would not be a big factor. If your gamming is extending outside of the flight sims then get something with a 12ms or lower. I also think you are correct about the contrast ratio. I seen some LCD with a 500:1 ratio and they look very sharp and crisp, but to me nothing compares to the color and contrast you get with a traditional CRT, so there is going to a compromise there. hope this sheds some light for youPaul

I have been using two Dell 18" flat panels for the last 4 years on a Xeon 3.02GHz machine with a Ti4600 then an FX6800 Ultra. It works great for FS allowing extra windows on the second monitor. On my new machine, an Athlon 64 X2 with two FX7800GTXs I have a single Dell 25" widescreen which again works great with FS9.George