Sign in to follow this  

From a 500 Celery to a 1.4 Celery....

:-lol SWEET! there is hope for my little Celery after all, I will have too look into all these things, as I know *crap* for all about computer stuff (that sorta thing) but thanks alot for the imput! :DBest Regards Derek Beal :-wavePROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D

Hi Lindy!Been here, but in silent running....lol. Yeppers, am looking forward to entering the Ghz plateau.....:)Got your email....that Thanksgiving story....I laughed till the tears came....great stuff, Lindy!Oh..and your system....KILLER! Just---KILLER!Cheers!Mitch'er

Guest Lindy

Glad you enjoyed the story, Mitch. It's a Thanksgiving I won't soon forget! :-roll :-lol-Lindy :-wave :-outta

Hi there Mitch, long time no see! Still playing Easy Rider??? :-lol

Hi Mitch,I have the same motherboard that you do. I initially had a 400 MHz Celeron installed that I overclocked to 500 MHz. I upgraded that to an 800MHz PIII when the early PowerLeap adaptors became available. I just recently upgraded to the same 1.4 GHz/PowerLeap adaptor combination that you are upgrading to, plus I went from a GeForce 2MX400 video card to a GeForce 4Ti4200. Using Justin Tyme's add-on scenery and textures I can get your sought after 15-25 fps frame rate depending on how I set up the sliders (most pretty high, but AI off) and FSUIPC visibility (I think it's at 60 miles).If you want to save some money, you can buy the PowerLeap adaptor and the 1.4 GHz Celeron separately. You have to call PowerLeap to place a special order to get the adaptor by itself. Sounds like they may have reduced the price, though, so the savings may not be more than about $20-30.Don S.

Hello -I have a Pentium III 900 MHZ and I was wondering how I could overclock it. Can any of you guys help me?Thanks,Shawn Gibsonsgdawhole9@msn.com

Hello Don!Grrrrrrrrrreat news, bud!One question........when you put the PL-370/T adapter and the 1.4 Celery into your BM6 ZIF socket...was it only then a matter of turning back on the 'pute? Did it just post showing the correct speed or did you have to tweak the BIOS? On the Power Leap site, in running a 1.2 Green Machine, they (inhouse/OEM tester)suggested you needed to set your AGP Clock speed to a factor of 2/3, (which mine already is for my 500 MHz) and disable Speed Error Hold. Is that what you ended up doing? If there was more tweaking required by yourself, perhaps please email me with the step-by-step of your experience with the Power Leap. I'm running version PQ for my BIOS. What are you running?Yeah, I know...this was more than one question...but, but...the bib around my neck since ordering--- keeps needing to be wrung out hourly....I'm dying here.....where the heck is UPS anyway?!?!?!?!??! Sheesh....Cheers!Mitch R.

Sorry about not responding sooner Mitch. In case you haven't gotten your new proc yet -- I'm running the same BIOS version as you. Here are the settings I'm using:CPU Operating Speed - User DefineTurbo Frequency - DisabledExternal Clock - 100 MHz (1/3)Multiplier Factor - 6.0SEL100/66# Signal - HighAGPCLK/CPUCLK - 2/3 (Haven't tried 1/1 -- maybe I'll give it a try)Speed Error Hold - Disabled (I had this enabled when I first installed the new Celeron, and it gave me an error on bootup every time (not surprising)).CPU Power Supply - User DefineCore Voltage - 1.50vGood luck!