Sign in to follow this  

Need Help With Dual Monitor

Guest JohnN

Hi Guys,I've just installed a second monitor (15" VGA)with which I'd like to view FSNavigator while I fly. My ATI 9700 Pro has the outlets for both monitors and I have the second one working. I've seen lots of posts where people say 'just drag the window over to the second monitor'. Well, it appears that it's a lot more complicated than that - at least it is to me.So would a kind soul list the exact steps, 1., 2., 3. etc. and indicate exactly what you click on in the "View" menu items and anything else that has to be done. Looking forward to your answers most apppreciativly.John Membrino

We have this at our flight school set up like this. To set it up:1) Run FS 20022) click f9 to launch FSN in full screen on monitor 13) reduce FSN to the small window version on monitor 14) left click on heading bar of FSN and drag over to monitor 25) left click on maximize screen button on FSNThere you go....you will have FS2002 on monitor 1 and FSN on monitor 2. Now when you click CTRL+F9 it will remember it's last position and show it max on monitor 2.

The small window button is the one that looks like a thumb tack. Two monitors is absolutely the way to go. If you want to move things like pop-up windows like radio stacks, engine gauges, right click, hit undock window which will then highlight the window and give it a Windows Heading, and you will be able to shift it onto the second monitor. Absolutely vital, I might add, if you are flying the IK DC-9. You need a place where the overhead can sit open, because you are going to be flicking a lot of switches and turning a lot of knobs up there, throughout the entire flight!

Guest JohnN

Hi Guys,Thanks ChickenHawk and crw707. I'm a lot farther along now and I appreciate your help very, very much. I've utilized crw707's suggestion of pressing the toggle button (the 'thumb tack), and the FSN window opens up on number 2 monitor, but does'nt include the FSN menu bar. I don't have any way to manipulate the features of FSN.Is there something else I should be doing?John

I just do all my preflight planning, etc in monitor 1 then move it over to monitor 2.