Sign in to follow this  

GA Traffic Maker question

I haven't tried the update yet. Still waiting for an answer about the new GA_tower.txt file.But I just tried the 1.1 version, and it found CYXC. Then I looked in the two airports files -- the airports.txt file I am using with 1.1, and the GA_tower.txt file -- and it is both of them.I'd try using the 1.1 file, if I were you.This is a nice program, but less than a week old, so there are a few kinks to iron out. I'm going to email the author and see if he'll get back here and interact with us.-Basil

Guest PhilC

I had similar problems until I ran the TTools Collect Airports utility. The airport.txt file usually contains only the airports which already have flightplans set for them. Collect Airports populates the airport.txt file with all of the airports you have installed I believe. I did have to do a little manual editing of the airport.txt file to remove some airports installed as latitude and longitude instead of ICAQ prior to using it.The Collect Airports utility can be found in your TTools folder.Hope this gets you going.

Guest Capholland

Hi folks. Sorry for my absence. Was away for a few days, so missed a few posts and questions regarding my program. I apologize. I am responding to all those who sent e-mails.Dan, Phil's got the answer. You have to run CollectAirports.exe, as otherwise your Airports.txt file will apparently ONLY list airports in use by other flightplans (a fact I was unaware of when the update was released). Running CollectAirports.exe rebuilds your Airports.txt file to include ALL current FS2002 airports.- Caphollandhttp://caphollands.fsgateway.comhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg