Sign in to follow this  

wouldnt this be an awsome machine?

i just may end up selling my current system for this one once im done paying for this one.Dell Dimension 4550 Series: Pentium

just a question for you guys. suppose i want to run multi monitors. is the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro able to do this? does it have multiple ports or just a single one

Why not just get the same machine built by a no-namer but using the identical specifications, or put it together yourself?Wouldn't that work out cheaper?

if i could do it myself id have an even more awsome machine by now. dont know anyone that does this stuff around here plus im going for a monthly payment option. if you go to someone theyll want it in full.only $70.00 a month

>i just may end up selling my current system for this one >once im done paying for this one. >>Dell Dimension 4550 Series: Pentium

alienware does have some good ones but i dont believe they have monthly payment options. wish i had the money to pay in full but i dont.

Unsolicited advice: if you can't pay for it, you can't afford it. It's a bad habit to get into. It just ends up costing you more in the long run.

oh i can pay for it. i work on the ramp at EWR. i just dont have the money saved up in order to pay it in full

I have a Gateway system with close to the same specs (a little slower [2.5 GHz] and with a Nvidia G-Force 4 Ti4600) I am very happy with it. Runs FS great - about 40 FPS with aggressive settings. If I were you I would upgrade the Warranty to 3 year parts, lifetime phone support, if one expensive part breaks (like the power supply for example) the extra money spent for the warranty will pay for itself.... Just my 2 cents....Cpudan80 :) :++

I was trying to imply that if you couldn't pay for it in full then you can't (read shouldn't) afford it. This really has nothing to do with flight simming and I have no business offering you financial advise...just something to think about from a guy who has been down that road before.

ok. well thanks for the info bud :)actually in total it would only cost about $1000 more then my current crappy PII which i got in 97. the darn thing cost me alittle over $2000 from gateway. i rushed too quickly on buying mine. this is why for the next one im doing my homework on it. wouldnt hurt to find out any possible specs on fs2k4 either :)

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Here's an even better reason not to pay for ANY computer on credit. It will be outdated as soon as you purchase it not to mention 2 to 3 years & you'll still be paying for it!! :-eek

yeah i hear ya. i got mine in 97 and just now finishing on paying it off. 6 years!. but back then any computer would be outdated within a month or less cause there was so much new tech stuff being added every day. these days you atleast have a couple of months before thinking of upgrading. especially with the system above, the only other thing i can think of right now for that one is adding 1gb of ram instead of 512mb which they will add. im not the type to go out racing for upgrades as soon as theyre available either. just look at my system. its never been upgraded..lolits not much different from leasing a car tho. if you cant buy the car in full then go for a leasing option, same with aircraft and other stuff out there. its there for people like me who cant/wont pay for something in full, atleast not when the price is a couple of thousand dollars.i dont think id even be able to do it if i did have the money saved up. itd probably give me a heart attack just thinking of it..lol and it would probably cost me more just upgrading this computer to reach even half the speed i would like. i was talking with a gateway rep the other day and found out some pretty interesting stuff about my current comp. the motherboard is only 2x, way way behind on what some of the newer graphic cards need to run, the video card is probably centuries old..lol, and as for the ram, the most i can add to this one is about 300-320mb. probably not even close as the limit is close to 330 on this one. would most likely burn out the system as it is without waisting a couple thousand by the time its done.im trying to think ahead instead of doing everything on short terms. and trust me it would probably take months to get this thing anywhere because of the household bills and suchi believe were still a couple of years if not more from seeing the real super computers, untill those come out i wouldnt mind paying by credit

DUDE, we are in the SAME boat!!!I just bought the following:Dell Dimension 8250 Pentium