Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

eDimensional Wireless Glasses - please review

HiHo,could you tell me what your experiences are with these ED Glasses? What to expect and how good are they? I dont wanna read about how they are to install. I know, the new beta-driver from nvidia have to be used to get it working with WinXP and latest nvidia GF3/4 driver.So, what are your experiences within FS2k2 wearing them?ThaxTorben.

Once you get'em set up, they work pretty well. Great with VC's. You get a real good perception of depth in the "out the window views" even with 2D panels.Mark

I got my wireless glasses a few months ago, and I've enjoyed using them a lot. I'm currently out of the loop because I switched operating systems a few weeks ago, and haven't gone through the setup process again yet. The only problem I found that took a while to remedy was that I had to fashion a new video cable out of an old extender cable I had lying around. It was an issue with DDC -- I had to remove one of the pins in the cable. After I did that the glasses worked more or less flawlessly. I really like the feeling of depth, especially in VCs. One interesting aside is that the feeling of depth in the VC is great on Gmax planes and non-existant in FSDS (version 1) models. I'm not sure why this is, but I could tell instantly on loading a new plane whether it was Gmax or not. There is a slight darkening of the screen, and I had to adjust my gamma and brightness to compensate, but with flying in a darkened room I never noticed once my eyes adjusted. I was also only able to coax a refresh rate of 85Hz out of my monitor at the resolution I wanted to fly, and even at that rate the flickering was not a problem, at least for me. If your monitor can run at a higher rate, especially 100Hz or better, you should really like what you see.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Well, thank you a lot!I run a GF3T200 by 1152x864 and 100Hz and have a lot of gamme to push up. So, I guess I will have a lot of fun when I get them this week. So, I guess I will have maximum fun flying all the latest PSS, DF/F1 and CaptainSim, Lago and FDS Planes, what you think?They all have a good VC and as well 2D panels.Can you tell me more befor the package comes? ;o))CiaoTorben.